Author Topic: Lee pro 1000  (Read 570 times)

Offline hvacman

• Trade Count: (0)
Lee pro 1000
« on: December 27, 2006, 12:58:41 PM »
Has anyone used the Lee Pro 1000 press? I am looking for something to load practice pistol ammo faster but don't want to spend a bunch and also don't want something that will be a pain in the butt.
it's the Bill of Rights not the Bill of Needs

Offline boommer

Re: Lee pro 1000
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 05:02:59 PM »
I have apro 1000 now for15 yrs has work great !!! also have a dillon sqaure deal works great !!!! but for price LEE 1000 better deal

Offline BIG Dog454

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 03:51:26 AM »
I have one and have mixed thoughts about getting something else.  Mine misses 15 to 20 primers for every 100 rounds.  Although I don't shoot that much, its very agravating.  When it misses a primer I end up with powder all over the work bench and have to clean out the primer feed.  The bullet feeder is also very finiky. Sometimes the bullet feeder will work fine and then the bullets will tilt and you crush a case if you arent watching.  My pro 1000 is used to load 38 special only.  I hsd some troubles setting it up as it was out of time a little.  If I could get the primer feed to work better I would be totaly happy with the machine.  I could deal with the bullet feeder.

Offline the jigger

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 07:58:22 AM »
i have two. one is about 15 years old. it is so worn that i have removed some of the functions. i deprime and prime in a separate operation. it still produces 45acp and 38spcl that are great. when you are retired auto-speed doesn't seem that important. when my oldie finally dies i'll buy another pro1000 if i'm alive and can still see.
IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!!

Offline boommer

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 03:10:04 PM »
  LIKE ANY PROGRESSIVE YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS

LIKE WOMEN WATCH THEM !  TICKLE THEM ! CUSS THEM ! AND THINK ABOUT GETTING A NEW ONE !!

BUT IT WILL COST TOO MUCH UP GRADE !!!!!

Offline Rod B

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 06:51:14 AM »
I had two Pro1000's for about 16 years. Loaded lots of ammo on them but found changing calibers to be a  PITA.

I have sold both of them & have a Lee Classic Cast Turret Press on order. This press should be capable of 200 rounds per hour which is fast enough for my requirements.

I like the ease of changing calibers with only the shell holer, turret & powder measure swap required. No fooling around & adjusting the case feeder & complete shell plate.

It is also a more durable design with the load bearing parts being made of cast iron & steel.

I'm not knocking the Pro 1000's they served me well; Its just that I think the new turret press will better serve my needs.

Rod.
Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon.
~Horatio Nelson