Author Topic: Well I did it.  (Read 524 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Well I did it.
« on: February 02, 2007, 01:54:46 PM »
Well I have been torn between the 204 and the 22-250 for some time. I decided I was going to get either the 204 or the 22-250 in the ultra varmint with the 24'' fluted barrel. Any how I was on my way to Gander Mt. and I was still undicded so I went to where they have the ammo to see which I could shoot the cheapest the prices on ammo were about the same so that was little help. I finialy decided I was going to order the 204. I went up the counter and asked if they could order me one in and he checked and said they were not avalible in any of there other stores or another vendor that they deal with. I asked if he could get it in the 22-250 and he said there were 10 in other stores. I ordered the 22-250 and he said it should be at the store within 7 to 10 days. I wonder why you can not get the 204 it does not really matter to me seeing as I will send it in some day and get the 204 but it seems that fate wants me to have the 22-250. ;D ;D ;D
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Well I did it.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 02:04:37 PM »
The 22-250 is one of the most if not the most popular cartridges in the U.S. and for good reason. I am sure you will enjoy it especially if you reload.

Mc

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 02:15:04 PM »
Don't be concerned, it only means you'll get the .22-250 FIRST, you'll still want the .204!! ;D

Tim

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=52484359&an=0&page=0#52484359

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 02:16:52 PM »
I don't think you will regret getting it,like McLernon said if you reload it is easy to get them to shoot great with many combinations.I've had one for many years in remington 700 and its my alltime favorite for groundhogs and such.Let us know how it shoots when you get it.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 02:20:52 PM »
FWIW, Sports South has the 204 Handi in stock, but not the fluted Ultra, if you dealer can order from them. ;)

Tim

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 02:40:33 PM »
Thanks Tim but I really want the ultra varmint with the fluted barrel. You seem to be a person that knows alot about the Handies and I look forward to your replys on many things.I saw the guns that you have posted and that is a great colection that I wish I had. You will only see envy here at least for a couple more years.
FWIW, Sports South has the 204 Handi in stock, but not the fluted Ultra, if you dealer can order from them. ;)

Tim
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 02:43:59 PM »
Don't look now, but I think you're hooked, it's too late for ya, no hope now!! ;D

Thx, looking forward to watching your collection grow. ;)

Tim

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 02:46:55 PM »
Thats funny I don't care who you are.Get er done LOL.
Don't look now, but I think you're hooked, it's too late!! ;D

Tim