Author Topic: New England Pardner Pump  (Read 972 times)

Offline gray fox

• Trade Count: (1)
New England Pardner Pump
« on: May 05, 2007, 05:41:48 PM »
how good is the New England Pardner Pump in 12 Gauge and what chokes are out there for it and who long does it last?

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: New England Pardner Pump
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 01:09:35 AM »
I can't speak as to "how long it lasts", but it shoots real good.  My nephew has had one for 2 years and he likes it.  I have shot it some and it shoots as good as any 12 pump that I have shot.  It will take any chokes that are made for the Mossberg/Invector choke threads...not the Invector Plus, but the regular Invector chokes.  For $150 for a new one, its a pretty good value.  Actually been thinking about picking up a Pardner Protector, myself.  With the addition of iron sights it would make a great slug gun, too.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline gray fox

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 02:44:25 PM »
thanks for the info. :) but what size of chokes are there for it.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 11:20:47 PM »
The Mossberg/Invector style chokes are common and can be found just about anywhere that sells guns.  You should have little or no trouble finding whatever size you want, from extra full/turkey chokes to cylinder bore and anything in between.  Even extended rifled choke tubes are available. 

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 06:06:10 AM »
thanks for the info. :) but what size of chokes are there for it.

gray fox,

The Win-Choke thread pattern is what you want. These would include ones that fit Winchester 1200/1300/1400, Mossberg 500/9200, Browning Invector (NOT Invector Plus), Ithaca, Savage and several others. You can conceivably order any choke for it you want, from X-full, full, modified, improved, cylinder to Skeet and others designated for steel shot. You can also uses the extended turkey chokes that can range all the way down to a .640" constriction.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member