Author Topic: BOYD stocks  (Read 9855 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: BOYD stocks
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2007, 12:21:53 PM »
Ok Amos, you got it!! Anyone else??? ;D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2007, 12:29:33 PM »
tim Im still on the list?? let me know what I owe ya . Jay
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2007, 12:37:04 PM »
Yup, got you and Busta covered!! ;)

Tim

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (82)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2007, 02:25:41 PM »
Can you get me 4 please.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2007, 02:39:21 PM »
Sure! We're up to eight now, I put 10 on will-call!! ;D

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2007, 03:25:13 PM »
Thanks Tim!

As long as you are helping us out, I will take four also. Might be more T-Holes in my future.

Thanks again,

Rob
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2007, 03:31:21 PM »
Ok, 10 needed now, might have to add a few more just in case!! ;D

Tim

Offline BANG_OW

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2007, 04:13:09 PM »
Tim,
       Please count me in for two, even though I don't have a gun or stock in Portland yet. It will give me a good excuse to leave work early.
Thanks,
Don

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2007, 04:22:44 PM »
Okeedokee, 12 it is! ;D

BTW Don, no range trip this week, 100º+ is too much for this old guy!!  :'( 8)

Tim

Offline BANG_OW

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2007, 04:44:25 PM »
Tim,
       I was tickled at my co-workers today as they complained about the heat, they had better not visit the midwest during the summer. I do have one question though, is it against the law to use turn signals in Oregon? I have yet to see anyone use them.
Don

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2007, 05:28:09 PM »
Don,

That's probably cuz a lot of those Oregonians that don't know what turn signals are for, are transplanted Californians!! ;D That's a pet peave of mine, anyone that doesn't signal in front of me gets to hear my Fiamm freeway blasters!! >:(

Tim

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2007, 06:25:28 AM »
I had no idea that when i ask that simple questions about the Boyd stocks that
it would go this far, you guys really tend to bus.
Now has anyone shot a rifle that one of these was connected to, did it split or what.
HAHAHAHAHA
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2007, 07:01:07 AM »
I shot my 357 max with it. I love it. ;D ;D Now I just have to find the money for 2 more. ;) ;D ;D

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2007, 07:39:26 AM »
Bolts are all shipped except Don's, need to confirm your address first. I bought 3 extras if anyone else needs one.

I've shot the .243 Ultra, of course no recoil, but it feels great. I've got one on the 7x57, might shoot first thing in the morning for a while before it gets too hot, depends on how welll I sleep tonight, spose to be 102º today, only 99º tomorrow. :'(

Tim

Offline ELMO

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2007, 12:14:52 PM »
 Tim:
 I sure would like to have one, I can't find one around here at Lowes,Menards, True Value, and Fastenals. Tell me what I would owe you.....?  ELMO 

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2007, 12:28:44 PM »
Elmo, PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you tomorrow. ;)

Tim

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2007, 03:14:07 PM »
Well, the SECOND one I ordered arrived today...  its the Walnut one I bought SECOND!? 

Any way, its will take some convincing to make me believe this is Walnut!!! To me it looks JUST like a nice pallet wood stock. If you look in the drilled hole for the stock bolt...its mighty white in there! It matched the stocks that came on my Hornet pretty darn close!!!

What do you think?

Not o happy about that.  Also the comb is not nearly as high as the hi comb handi stocks. It would only be a tad bit taller than the reg open site handi stocks!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2007, 03:47:20 PM »
You guys are killing me. Nothing yet, and it don't look good. >:(  Getting the run around. >:(
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2007, 03:55:52 PM »
Hey busta, what do ya mean getting the run around. I just ordered one Something I need to worry about?   Jay

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2007, 04:17:55 PM »
You guys are killing me. Nothing yet, and it don't look good. >:(  Getting the run around. >:(

Busta,
 Did you read my thread? I ordered TWO of these...this was the SECOND ONE. the first one, the one I bought same time as you has NOT arrived either??
 I sent a couple notes thru EABY and have had NO RESPONCE either......  Hopefully we will all get them shortly.

I feel you pain man!!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2007, 04:05:42 AM »
I just hope he isn't selling something that he doesn't even have in stock. I bought my 2 stocks through "buy it now" on 6-23-07, called them twice, and sent my USPS Money Order on that date. He received my MO on 6-26-07, entered that the stocks were shipped on that date also. Long story short, after a few unanswered e-mails/messages...phone calls...lies...another phone call...label/receipt #...may have shipped on 7-6-07 (a full 10 days after receiving my payment), if the # is legit, can't find out where package is addressed to.

I see he has more stocks listed, so BEWARE. If you do order, get the shipping terms worked out (in writing) before you buy so this don't happen to anybody else.

I can handle an honest mistake, can't handle lies to cover up a mistake. Just tell me the truth, we can work that out. I am a newbee at buying through the net, but getting more educated every day.

Sorry if I ruined anyones day, just thought you should know MY experience.

Hope they show up today, but not holding my breath. If they are not here this week, he will have more than me to answer to. I have been polite in my dealings with him, but my patience is wearing thin, real thin! 25 years ago, he wouldn't have been so lucky, I didn't know what patience was back then.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2007, 06:39:03 AM »
Busta. I paid for mine 7-7-07 & recieved it today. I think your right when you bought yours, he didnt have them in stock. I would suspect you ll get yours in the next day or so.

PS  IT is a sweet looking stock ,  Dont mean to rub it in

Jay

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2007, 10:31:58 AM »
WOW Jay,

That was quick.  I had delayed ordering one until I heard the outcome of what is happening on this thread.  Maybe I had better get it ordered tonight.

Thanks for the input.
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2007, 10:40:50 AM »
WOW Jay,

That was quick.  I had delayed ordering one until I heard the outcome of what is happening on this thread.  Maybe I had better get it ordered tonight.

Thanks for the input.
I think you waited too long. There is no more listed. :'(

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2007, 10:43:04 AM »
Just keep an Eye on him. I bet he ll get more soon.

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (79)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2007, 02:38:50 AM »
cw

I think you might be right about that not being walnut.  This is what they should look similar to if made of walnut.  I bought the camo ones and used my duplicator to rough out a starting point and then made a few changes here and there to make it a little more to my liking.  Those do look nice, but not like walnut.

Offline just bill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2007, 06:04:40 AM »
cw

I think you might be right about that not being walnut.  This is what they should look similar to if made of walnut.  I bought the camo ones and used my duplicator to rough out a starting point and then made a few changes here and there to make it a little more to my liking.  Those do look nice, but not like walnut.

Thats nice  ;)  What did you finish it with and where did you get it from?  Luv the light tone color, natural? Slight Honey? Really like it.

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (79)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2007, 06:16:11 AM »
Justbill

No stain involved.  It is just truoil on the walnut.  About 7 or 8 coats.  Don't remember how many.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2007, 07:32:16 AM »

Busta,
 Did you read my thread? I ordered TWO of these...this was the SECOND ONE. the first one, the one I bought same time as you has NOT arrived either??
 I sent a couple notes thru EABY and have had NO RESPONCE either......  Hopefully we will all get them shortly.

I feel you pain man!!!

CW

Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does. I received the stocks yesterday. You would not believe what I got. The Nutmeg one didn't even have a fitted pad. It had a very thin hard rubber .22 pad with the Marlin logo on it, held on by one screw. The screw holes didn't even line up (thus one screw), but worse than that, the pad extended about 3/4" beyond the toe, and almost 1/4" beyond the sides. The description said "THIS STOCK IS FULLY FINISHED", not even close. The Forest Camo one had the recoil pad (Pachmayr Decelerator) that we agreed to (for both stocks) installed and initially looked ok, until I turned it over and seen the approximately 1/4" by 3/4" VOID in one of the laminates.

Now I see why they waited 10 days to ship the obvious BLEMS to me, so they could get all the stocks sold before they would get any negative feedback. I called the owner, and he said he would give me a refund, but after being lied to several times, I don't know if I trust them. I really wanted the stocks, but as promised when I called them on the phone 6-23-07, the day I purchased them. I guess they had to pick somebody to send the BLEMS to, why not an eBay newbee that has never purchased before. It should be obvious that neither of my stocks were picture worthy. I wish my digital was working so you could see that I am not just nitpicking. It don't get any worse!

I don't quite know where I want to go from here, any ideas from you savvy eBayers?

Here is the description of the stocks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boyds-Thumb-Hole-stock-New-England-NEF-H-R-1st-EVER_W0QQitemZ290131554898QQihZ019QQcategoryZ73951QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boyds-Thumb-Hole-stock-New-England-NEF-H-R-1st-EVER_W0QQitemZ290131552174QQihZ019QQcategoryZ73951QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2007, 07:54:53 AM »
Busta Ive never had to do it but there is something you can do. Basicly you try to contac seller. Then you complain to ebay. Then somehow they moderate the deal. You will get your money back. & you ll be able to leave bad feedback. I think it takes awhile. Wish I could help you more, but Ive had nothing but good luck on ebay 
                                                           Good Luck   Jay