Author Topic: Mueller Eraticator 8.5-25x50 Review  (Read 2154 times)

Offline ken2222

• Trade Count: (23)
  • A Real Regular
Mueller Eraticator 8.5-25x50 Review
« on: January 21, 2008, 06:20:46 PM »
Hi Folks....

I was fortunate in that I received a Mueller Eraticator 8.5-25x50 with AO and an illuminated recticle for review some time ago.....
I just got around to mounting it and finally shooting it since I made a major move.....then Whitetail season opened which took most of my attention.

I mounted it in med rings over my NEF Handi chambered in .243 with the intention of picking off a "yote" or two that seem to like running my deer.

I set up my range for slug guns (50 yrds) so decided to start there.

my first session was in 20 degree weather.....didn't seem to fog as I left the house for the barn...

The first thing I noticed was the bright clarity....I have Nikons, Pentax Lightseekers, S&W's and  Sightrons along with "others" and the Mueller glass was in the ball park for brightness in my eyes....but I figure....in this price range, a guy might expect pretty good glass and a special feature or two but.....but what about tracking?

I zeroed my rifle @ 50 yrds and moved the target stand out to 100 yrds where I figure I'm likely to be shooting "yotes" to shoot the "box" .
The short story is that it returned to zero very nicely....I spent the next 40 rounds playing along the way out to 300 yrds and had no issues.I only had 30 rounds left of 120 so decided to call it a day.

Two "evenings" later....full moon and light snow cover.....good "evening" to see how that illuminated recticle works......
The short story again.....I had a pair of "dogs" come in at about 60 yrds with the moonlight behind me and I can clearly see each's head...center dot  just bright enough to see it and still see my target.....got two dogs that outing WITHOUT an artificial light!

I decided that the Muellers' were good glass and bought a 4-16x50 Tactical for my sons .243 so he can help me clear out these dogs.

After mounting the tactical I'm going to buy one for me.....can't have the kids out-shooting me!

I don't have anymore experience to share but I can tell you this.....it's GREAT glass for the money....and I'll buy another VERY soon.

Ken Scott
Grass Lake, Michigan USA

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
Re: Mueller Eraticator 8.5-25x50 Review
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:40:17 PM »
Nice review Ken. Seems Mueller keep building a good track record and I have heard many good opinions about this scope as well as pretty much all of their offerings. My next scope for my 223 will be a Mueller Tactical 8-25 model, as I believe it will fit my uses nicely.

-Aaron

Offline ken2222

• Trade Count: (23)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Mueller Eraticator 8.5-25x50 Review
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:18:59 PM »
Aaron,
Tho I haven't put this glass thru the "paces" yet....you know, dropping it from my treestand, shooting it over bigger "booms" and the like....I'm impressed with the function and will soon finish my testing. I can't wait to try the 4-16 tactical with the mildot......I mounted it on my Fluted 24" .243 and will present it to my son this weekend. We'll be checking it out then.....I REALLY like the tactical...... ;D

Ken