Author Topic: New to me TDC Turkey Gun!!  (Read 1881 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
New to me TDC Turkey Gun!!
« on: April 07, 2008, 01:34:38 PM »
Man, ya can't complain about that, got the barrel today and it locks up on my TDC frame tighter than Ft Knox, thanks Andy!! ;D

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,141998.msg1098566837.html#msg1098566837
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 01:44:29 PM »
Boy that was quick Quick!!! from one coast to another over the weekend!!! I am happy it fit so well, enjoy it and get a Turkey with it, or even a coyote!!!....<><....:) 

P.S. - how wide is the rib? Do you think the nice sights you got for it will fit well?....
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:27:57 PM »
The sights fit fine after I added a steel shim between them and the top of the rib, the rib is .313" wide, but they wouldn't tighten on the rib. I really like the .250" aperture fiber optic rear sight, I have a perfect sight picture with a syn monte carlo stock set even with the sight all the way to the bottom of the ramp, but I have to sand out the forend to fit the barrel, it's quite a bit bigger just ahead of barrel swell than a rifle barrel!

Tim

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/truglo-tru-point-xtreme-turkey-deer-universal-sight.aspx?a=507688

http://www.truglosights.com/content/products/firearm/turkey/tru_point_xtreme.asp

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 02:43:29 PM »
looks good Tim, are you going to put the matching front sight on as well?....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »
It's on, here's the best pic I could get.

Tim

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 03:16:04 PM »
Tim, those look great.  I think a set is in my future.  I am half way between you and Andy, how did you get your package before me?  Must be your connections or that "special" zip code you have senders use...   ;)
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »
I dunno, the USPS has been real erratic with deliveries lately, sometimes it's real fast, other times not so fast. 99% of the time delivery from the east coast is 2 days by priority, yet from the midwest first class takes 5 days sometimes, parcel post is always slow. :-\ But they always get delivered.....so far!! ;)

Tim

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Re: New to me TDC Turkey Gun!!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 07:18:37 PM »
I added some more sight pics, after I get it painted, I'll post a pic of the gun.

Tim

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 12:54:53 AM »
 ;D

Nice!!!!!!!!
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 10:18:05 AM »
I got the 12 ga. today.  It looks great.  I am one very happy camper.  My daughter is supposed to look for the sights for me this week, she has a big store near her that may have them.  I told her that they would make a nice early Father's Day gift.  I already have a turkey choke tube and a rifled choke tube that will fit this fine looking barrel.

Thanks again.
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 12:01:21 PM »
That's great Doug, it looks as if you have a plan. I am glad that you and Tim are happy with the barrels and that Kurt likes the .45 cal Huntsman. I am pleased that they each went to a good home where they will be appreciated and they will fit right in....<><...;D

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 01:28:48 PM »
Except for the Trulock choke that's on the way, it's all ready to pattern!! ;)

Tim

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 02:31:37 PM »
sweet looking!!!...Gobble Gobble!!!!....<><.... ;D

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 10:28:02 AM »
Finally got a nice day to shoot, tried 2 tubes,  the Trulock .575" and an Undertaker .582", with 4 different Hevi-shot loads, the Rem HD #6, Hevi-shot #4 and #6, and Hevi-13 #6 Turkey, the best of the bunch was the Hevi-13 #6 in the Trulock, the Rems probably just as good, but with a few less hits in the spine.

Recoil with the Limbsaver was about like a 30-06, I was shooting in a t-shirt, shot 14 rounds of 3" loads, all 1¼"oz. I was a bit concerned about the high comb and beating my cheek up, so I sanded the top of the comb down ~¼", it didn't bother me a bit and eye alignment is perfect. Very happy with the final results. ;D

Tim

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 03:25:45 AM »
Thanks for posting that Quick, I just got a 20 gauge Pardner with screw in choke and was wondering how much more range I could get
with turkey chokes over the factory MOD. I patterned 3 different loads yesterday and the 3" REM Wingmaster HD #4 1 1/8 oz. came out on top with a max range of 30 yards. I'm comfortable with this range but it's nice to know the options if I want some more range.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 03:43:20 PM »
Looks good...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 03:51:44 PM »
Thanks! Now if we can just get some nice weather, my huntin partner has talked to a bunch of turkey hunters that have been out several times in the last 2 weeks, none have seen or heard a bird yet, it's been a real cold and wet spring so far. One fella spent 4 days near Spokane hunting and had no luck, it's THE #1 best area in the state and seeing and hearing dozens of birds a day there is the norm, not so far this year. :'(

Tim