Author Topic: custom shotguns  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Mike Bell

• Trade Count: (0)
custom shotguns
« on: June 02, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »
Hey folks,

I was wondering if yall got some pictures of any custom shotguns.  Im about to build up a custom youth turkey gun.  Its an older Pardner SB1 with a 3 inch chamber 20 ga. And I was wondering if anybody here has installed screw in chokes?  Since I cant get a Knox SpecOP recoil stock for it, Im going to install an ATI adjustable stock.  And Since the barrel is not tapped I made a scope mount for it that mounts on the bottom and hawged out the forend and then reinstalled it.  Im going to put a red dot type or halo style scope.  Heres a pic of the mount I made for it.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: custom shotguns
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 11:31:57 PM »
Hi Mike.
I had a gunsmith thread my Tracker I barrel for choke tubes a couple years ago.  He used TruChoke brand chokes.  They are made for thin wall barrels.  It works very well.  The whole job was $75 and that included 1 choke tube, X Full Turkey choke.  I obtained another tube Improved Cylinder, from a member here at GBO.  Now I can use my sighted Tracker I for turkey, as well as deer.
Please keep us informed on how your scope mount works out.  Many folks here, I'm sure, will be interested.  Good Luck with your project.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 02:34:05 AM »
Someone has a nice NC milling machine it looks like...I miss having those around...Thats a nice looking mount you made...You can glue or solder mounts to the pardner...I was a little skeptical at first with the glue but it worked great...I used the loctite blackmax...It is really good stuff....

Offline ccoorreeyy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 08:56:13 AM »
This is the day that the Lord hath made!!  I will rejoice and be glad in it!!