Author Topic: One Million Posts  (Read 869 times)

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
One Million Posts
« on: December 02, 2008, 05:38:29 PM »
We are approaching the one million mark. That is amazing. I wonder on what date this will happen and who will post the millionth post. :-\ Currently we are at about 962000 posts.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Re: One Million Posts
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 06:21:03 PM »
who will post the millionth post. 

Cheese

Probably Quick. :D

Spanky

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 06:50:06 PM »
For sure statistically Tim has the best chance since he posts the most. The thing is no one not even the person who does it will know it was the one millionth post and unless you are watching like a hawk it will come and go without notice.

I've been watching it creep toward that mark all year wondering if this year we'd get there. I'm pretty sure we will I just dunno when.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 07:03:28 PM »
well seeing as we are a bit over 37k away from it and we average 535 per day we will hit the mark in about 68 days or so...

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 07:24:16 PM »
Always some smartass gonna go and get scientific on us and do the math. What fun is that? Wild guess it who knows how fast folks are gonna post this month.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline no guns here

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 09:11:05 PM »
I say we have a lottery and whoever guesses closest to the date/time gets GB's new AR...

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 03:44:04 AM »
I say we have a lottery and whoever guesses closest to the date/time gets GB's new AR...

ngh

Now THAT ain't gonna happen. So far contributions to the AR fund have not yet reached one third of the investment I have in the basic purchase price of either of the three I have now picked up. For sure had I waited on that money I'd not have gotten one in time for Christmas. Since they do seem to be going fast and the supply is short on them I didn't wait tho but did some horse trading and sold a couple guns to come up with funds to make it happen. It is possible enough money might roll in before it stops flowing to at least pay for an upper for the lower I also picked up.

Ammo is also out of sight and I have invested more in that than either of the rifles cost.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 08:51:57 AM »
Ammo is also out of sight and I have invested more in that than either of the rifles cost.
i have one word for you..... dillon

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 06:47:01 PM »
I have two words for you.

NO way.

I'm perfectly satisfied loading as I always have with a single stage press. Every time I've tried progressives it's been a bad experience and I'll not repeat it in my life time.

I bought the factory stuff to have a good reliable source of factory ammo on hand. I have perhaps another 1500 rounds of reloads on hand and components to load another 3000 or so.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 09:52:23 AM »
you are indeed a a patient man then.  three ar's and still single staging it, my hat is off to you. 

the other thing about ar's i fear you havent learned....they are hungry little buggers.  now if you are like me,  you  can control how much ammo you burn,  but if you aint paying attention, you can eat up a bunch in a hurry.  now that being said, i suppose single staging it might make a guy more aware of ammo expenditure.   

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 01:16:53 PM »
I did NOT buy toys to be played with to see how fast I can burn ammo or to see how much noise I can make. I purchased home defense firearms for what I perceive the future to be. I have the discipline to use them for what I purchased them for. They will not ever be taken to the range just to burn ammo. I am the kinda person who believes in quality over quantity.

I will use at least one of the Remington R15s for shooting PDs and might even take both but again I will not be ripping off shots to see how fast I can put bullets down range with them even then. I out grew the exhuberance of youth more than 30 years ago.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 05:37:14 PM »
About February 12, 2009 the one millionth post will be posted, posters. ;D

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 03:17:30 AM »
you train like you fight.   it has nothing to do with "exhuberance of youth".
    i was in an airborne unit.  that translates to you carry everything on your back WITHOUT the normal resupply mechanisms.  which (breaking it down even further) means you make EVERY round count.  never did we waste ammo, shots were NEVER wasted, because you never know when you will get resupplied. 
    a guy still has to know what his weapon will do, and be familiar with it as if it was an extension of yourself.  that is why vets love the weapon  system they learned while serving; because it is so familiar to them.   if you dont ever heat it up and see how it works, then you are setting yourself up for things to happen. 
   in the end, your going to do what you are going to do and honestly it doesnt effect me one bit; as it is your tail on the line.

About February 12, 2009 the one millionth post will be posted, posters. ;D

Cheese
yeah, unless we screw the math up and post like crazy trying to mess that up....lol