Author Topic: Pardner pump shotgun ?  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Andrew Quigley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Pardner pump shotgun ?
« on: July 17, 2009, 04:13:49 AM »
Howdy ya'll

Was in a gun store yesterday and got to looking at shotguns. Feller behind the counter showed me a NEF Pardner 12ga pump, brand new for $189. What I was wondering about is he told me the Pardner had the same reciever as a Remington 870. Curious if he new what he was talking about or just blowing smoke.
 If the share the same reciever will stocks and other parts interchange between them? Thanks for any help.
Andrew

"Lost!!  Ain't never been lost. Fearsum confused for 2 or 3 months but never lost!!"

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: Pardner pump shotgun ?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:57:30 AM »
I do not know.
But the pardner was out before Remington bought NEF. 
But it does look very similar in dimentions.  I like the slight hump back.  Reminds me of a Stevens 520 Pump gun.
But the 870 is popular and it would make sense if they did make the gun to use those stocks.
The only times I have played with the Parnder was a Sports fair I was working, a shooting gun show,
and NEF sent us NON firing guns.  the bolts had no firing pins or holes to put the pin into.  Was a little frustrating for some of the people at the show that wanted a good cheap pump gun.  I have been toying with the idea of one as a rifled slug gun for a while.
If I get one I will see if the stocks from my 870 will fit and work.
ANd yes the rifle version is cheaper to buy as a gun than a rifled barrel for either my 870, 1100, or Benelli Nova.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:56:14 AM »
The PP is an imported clone of the 870, most all 870 accessories have been reported to work on it except barrels from previous posts on it which there are quite a few, try the search for more details, select just this forum from the list. ;)

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?action=search
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Andrew Quigley

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 09:23:05 AM »
Quickdtoo, you da man!!  Thanks
Andrew

"Lost!!  Ain't never been lost. Fearsum confused for 2 or 3 months but never lost!!"

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 11:50:34 AM »
Hey Andrew who had them at that price? Camo or blue? Since you're only a hop, skip and a jump away from me I figure you might have been down my way looking. I tried to pick one up last year in Anniston but they didn't have them in stock at that time and went up on the asking price from what I was told the last one sold for.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Andrew Quigley

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
Wiley's over in Decatur had it. It was their Security model. Think that's the name anyhow. Got a 18 1/2" barrel and a 5rd mag. Flat black and syntheic stock. Nice gun for the price.
Andrew

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 02:22:04 PM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 02:39:50 PM »
Looked at the turkey model today  20 inch barrel camo. $169 Looked like a descent shotgun. Made in China
Too many Made in USA shotguns for me to buy one not made in USA  Was tempted though ;D
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 05:45:27 PM »
If I run across one camo or black in that well under $200 price range in 20 gauge I will most likely pick it up even tho made in China. These days it's nearly impossible to buy nothing at all from China even tho I admit I'd prefer not to it's getting hard to find stuff made elsewhere in a lot of items.

I need another shotgun about like I need one more hole in the head but at that price it really would be hard to turn down. It would make a really nice truck gun that you'd not worry so much about getting stolen even if it did.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline adam11082

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 03:33:21 AM »
I have owned 2 of them and they are great guns.  I had the protector and all 870 accessories fit.  the only thing not interchangeable are the barrels.

i got this one from the wife for Christmas.  its a hell of a shooter and have no complaints.  it si now my primary waterfowl gun.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »
Good looking BB guns.

Offline King Ghidora

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 08:38:58 AM »
Remington chokes will also not fit the NEF guns that accept chokes.  They takes Mossberg Accu-Choke & Win-Choke tubes.  NEF had to change some things to avoid patent infringement when they were not associated with Remington so they changed a couple of things. 

I have the Pardner Pump Protector, which is a 5 + 1, 18.5" gun with a true parkerized finish.  I also own an 870 Express and the NEF definitely has a better finish on it.  But the Express is better in some ways.  Both are great guns though and I don't regret buying either.  Both of mine are 12 ga. also.

I did buy a two round extension for the NEF.  It mounts flush with the end of the barrel which makes for a nice looking gun.  These are made by a guy just for these shotguns.  Obviously this is my HD shotgun while the Express is my hunting gun.

Bud's Gun Shop sells these guns online when they have them (which is pretty often).  They go for about $175 shipped.  I've also seen a lot of them in Dick's Sporting Goods lately.

Offline Omaha-BeenGlockin

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »
Picked up a blued 20ga 26'' today for $179---was $192 and change out the door.

Truck gun was my exact thought too----got it home took it all apart and gave it a good cleaning---seems a quality piece for next to nothin spent.