Author Topic: Did quickdtoo ever get his 25-06 to shoot?  (Read 510 times)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
Did quickdtoo ever get his 25-06 to shoot?
« on: April 02, 2010, 02:41:23 PM »
Just picked up a barrel and was perusing the old posts. Looks like FredM gave up on his after a LOT of work.

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Did quickdtoo ever get his 25-06 to shoot?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:09:03 PM »
As I recall his posts on the subject, Tim put pics of targets showing his groups compared to .................I am not sure ...was it a 3 inch diameter English penny........why would Tim use an English penny.....................a hem ::)

(Sorry Tim that was the 260 wasnt it?)

Mc ;D

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 03:36:46 PM »
My 25-06 shoots fine with the original lam stock on it, it didn't shoot well when I tried the new style synthetic stock on it, I reluctantly put the original lams back on it and hunted with it last year tho, a heavy bugger it is tho, unfortunately I never saw a legal animal to shoot.  :'( I used up most of the good shooting ammo that I originally used in it trying to sight in with the syns, so I tried the 120gr Rem ammo I had, it shot just as well, scope adjustments were made after shots 1 and 2 on the target below.  :-\

Yes Mc, that was the 260, but a US penny is what I usually use for perspective.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Ultra25-06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Wish I was Hunting, getting closer. Spring bear.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 10:13:14 PM »
Not sure about Quicks, but while were talking about you (Quick, OR if Im not mistaken?) thanks for that snow storm you all sent my way today (ID) what a mess (not sure if it hit you). What a great homecoming gift. :D Anyway was thinking of going shooting this weekend but might have to wait now. I also have the 25-06 and started to get some decent loads worked up. I will hold off on the range report untill the weather holds up. I also read the old post from Fred and Tim some of these guys have a lot of good information to share.
What did you do today...for Freedom?
Today, at the front, he died...Today, what did you do? Next time you see a list of dead and wounded, ask yourself: "What have I done for freedom? What can I do tomorrow that will save the lives of men like this and help them win the war?"
Taken from WWII poster, still applies today.
USAF
Proud NRA member.

Offline jeepmann1948

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (67)
  • San Angelo, Texas
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 08:29:31 AM »
I have a 25-06 that I bought just because I have a full case of 25-06 Federal 117 gr ammo. Was going to fire it up and work up a good load for it using the once fired cases.Took it to the range made zero adjustments and fired for group at 100 yards. 3 shots touching!. End of load development ;D Now I need to find 480 critters to use the remainder of the ammo on! Hope yours does as well.
"it ain't what you shoot em with......................
  it's where you hit em "