Author Topic: New style transfer bar?  (Read 572 times)

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
New style transfer bar?
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:39:03 AM »
Has there been any of the new style transfer bar, aka lifter striker, pictures posted on here yet?
I don't know if this is one or not but it is considerably different from any of the ones in all the Handi receivers that I presently have.
The usual sloppy pin fit and peened look are absent and the fit is very close, with no wobble at all. The pin is flush on both sides as shown in the view of both sides.
Got this one from Numrich and it was listed as a "replacement". The "original" style was sold out at the time of purchase.

Bill

Looking for some Oregon Reign   ;D

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: New style transfer bar?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 10:45:08 AM »
I only know of one member that's had it replaced, and I don't remember any pics being shown, maybe he'll comment on it for comparison to your pic. I have a new Superlight Compact 44mag coming from Buds that may have one..... if they ever ship it, ordered it last Saturday and it still hasn't been shipped!  ::)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »
Now THATS what I'm talking about.  I hope.  An improvement would be a great thing, as I presently have 3 receivers needing transfer bars.  If this is better and available, I wouldn't mind changing them all......

Let us know how it works out, please.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline digs68

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 02:29:47 AM »
My .308 had the trans bar upgrade. Done for free at one of the authorized service centers. I'm unwilling to disassemble for a comparison pic, but it made a huge difference in performance and accuracy.
This rifle is a 2008 model with the HY serial number.
The biggest thing I noticed is that you can squeeze the trigger as you would on any rifle, without that nagging "remember to fully depress the trigger" repeating over and over in the back of your mind.
The next is that I have not had a single "fail to fire" since the upgrade, even after several boxes of shells.
I believe the issue was that there was a sloppiness in the trans bar assembly, even when you did everything right. As it was explained to me, the trans bar would have a tendency to drop or not remain consistent, causing inferior pin-strikes.
Whatever the hell it was, I'm so very glad they fixed it for me! My .308 is a pleasure to shoot now!