Author Topic: Need info on Pardner Pump.  (Read 592 times)

Offline JimG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Need info on Pardner Pump.
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:15:05 AM »
A buddy has a Pardner Pump 12g that is NIB that he won at some NWTF function. He is thinking about letting it go. He says it is fully camo-ed with a synthetic stock and 28" barrel. He also claims it says 'Made in USA' on the box and does not have the distinctive hump at the back of the receiver that Pardner Pump receivers have. As far as I know they are made in China and any picture I've seen of them shows a receiver that looks more like an Auto 5 than a smooth rounded receiver like an 870. I have not seen this gun so I really don't know what it is that he has. I also know very very little about the Pardner Pumps. How do they compare to an 870 Express or a 500? Good workmanship or poor quality Chinese junk? What about aftermarket parts or extra factory barrels? What sort of choke tubes do they accept? Rem choke, Win choke, or some sort of an odd ball proprietary system? What is a fair price for a NIB Pardner Pump? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Offline nailbanger

Re: Need info on Pardner Pump.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:05:15 PM »
Jim,Don't know if it will be of help, but check my reply on 20ga or 410 for wife.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:41 PM »
Lots of discussions on the PP, they're a chinese made clone of the M870, many 870 accessories will fit it, although barrels won't without modification, lots of happy PP owners here,  use the advanced search to find those discussions, select just this forum from the list.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?action=search
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline reliquary

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 12:47:26 PM »
I've had a 20-ga Youth Model Pardner pump for a few months now.  No problems.  Quality is about that of the Mossberg 500.  Paid $159 at Wal-Mart; they had a fullsize Pardner, noncamo, 12-ga for $209 for sale at the same time.  The camo version should be a few bucks more expensive.

If you can get your buddy's gun for around $200, go for it.

The return address on the box is Remington, my gun is stamped Made in China.