Author Topic: Ultimate Shorty  (Read 1887 times)

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)

Offline jeffcneal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Ultimate Shorty
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 09:03:51 AM »
My only thought: "...good God!!!"

regards,
Jeff
Most people are sheep, some are wolves.  I'm a sheepdog.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 09:28:05 AM »
  I built a 12ga like that at one time 18.25 inches ..planning to use slugs, I put rifle (peep) sights on it.  It didn't handle slugs that well..but lordy, it could kick!
  That forestock seems a bit long..  Mine looked entirely different, since the wood was a light blonde with a shorter forestock.  Gave it to my brother...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (82)
  • A Real Regular

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 09:59:57 AM »
I have a 12G version...

18.25'' barrel, Contender front site, Williams rear peep, sling swivels, Pachmayer DE-Cellorator pad. I have left it blued and its a older model with Walnut stocks. I couldn't bring my self to paint em...

I killed two charging wild boars with this gun too! Shot them both right in the noodle! Shoots dead on at 50 yards and can hit a base ball every time at that distance,

I have a couple more too. ;)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 11:22:35 AM »
This thread is making my 10ga slug gun very, very nervous. ::) ;D

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 12:22:30 PM »
I have a 12G version...

18.25'' barrel, Contender front site, Williams rear peep, sling swivels, Pachmayer DE-Cellorator pad. I have left it blued and its a older model with Walnut stocks. I couldn't bring my self to paint em...

I killed two charging wild boars with this gun too! Shot them both right in the noodle! Shoots dead on at 50 yards and can hit a base ball every time at that distance,

I have a couple more too. ;)

CW
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That's what my aim was..but regardless of my aim, I doubt I could have kept it on a basketball at 50 yds..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »
I shoot Rem Sluggers 2 3/4'' 1oz slug... reg old time slugs... I read somewhere that Winchesters and Federals where smaller in diameter and Remingtons where larger....

I tried 3'' but feel its not needed and didnt shoot as well anyhow...  Its does kick allot!!  Is it the run or the recoil of the gun causing the inaccuracy? I mean its just a tube... it should be reasonably accurate...  Minute of basket ball is pretty lousy!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 05:09:51 PM »
Why does my shoulder hurt so bad when I look at that picture? :D
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783