Author Topic: OT --- I'm not dead yet  (Read 1175 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
OT --- I'm not dead yet
« on: May 21, 2013, 06:39:12 AM »
Some of you may have noticed that I've been MIA for a few weeks , Mama and myself decided to buy a new house and women being what they are I kinda figgered that I'd have a few months to get the funds around for the down payment = guess what ? She found one in 2 weeks , which put me into super OT mode working dbl shifts / 7 days a week to generate the funds needed .

And to top that off the mortgage company sent the appraisale back 4 times , all the new Fed regs have everyone in panic mode so the market does not crash again , that pushed the closing back 3 1/2 weeks so everything was in boxes , comp and all .

Now the good news ===== Were in  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Still have everything to un-box , new man-cave to build , 2 yards to mow and another fast-track work project coming down the pike in the next few weeks ,I'm way too old for this xxxx  :(

I have a few PM's to get back to and will ASAP , so please bear with me .

Stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: OT --- I'm not dead yet
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:10:13 AM »
Glad to hear all is well.  :)

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 08:00:21 AM »
Man do I know how you feel.......

Good to hear things are settling down for you.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 08:01:28 AM »
Stimpy, glad to hear you're alive and well.  Been there, done that,  Believe me, you will outgrow it and live through it.  That's normally the only thing that gets better with age.  You pay off the house, other debts and relax a bit.  It takes a while.  I targeted age 62 to be debt free and beat it by a year.  It's a good thing too.  I can't imagine making payments at this point.  Some things can't and won't go away....taxes, insurance, utilities, etc.  Good luck in your new home.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 09:36:34 AM »
Good to hear!  Last thing I knew is you were hangin' out with Catfish and I was beginning to suspect foul play. ::)

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 09:36:45 AM »
I know how you feel.  I did that last year and most of my stuff is still in boxes.  I don't have to tell you how much it has be worth all the trouble...

Tony

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »
           "YET" Glad you young guys can still work those hours ;)

Sounds like you will be BUSY for a little while longer. I was just going out to mow but read this and now I'm wore out ;D 

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 01:02:46 PM »
Welcome back Stimpy!  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline glockmeister

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »
Stimpy, congrats to you and the Mrs. on moving into your new home! Sounds to me as if you're staying busy, jjust keep us in the loop when you can, take care, John.
It's not what you do, but how you do what you do, that counts.
Just keep on keeping on!

Offline Flynmoose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 05:59:33 PM »
The missus and I have been in this house two years now, still looking for stuff! If it is a house you want, it was worth it. Take it easy and in a few years you will find everything!
FM
Dear God please protect our troops, especially the snipers.

Offline jon f

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 11:47:56 PM »
Well done Stimpy. Post pics of the man cave when you eventually construct it.
Badges,we don't need no stinking badges.

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 01:26:18 AM »
    Glad you are not dead. Wondered where you have been. I understand your problem. The house i sold a few years ago went on the market at 8:00 in the morning and sold at 2:00 that afternoon. The house i was having built was done but no utilities hooked up yet. Lived there for two days with no utilities. Talk about fun.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 09:37:34 AM »
           "YET" Glad you young guys can still work those hours ;)

Sounds like you will be BUSY for a little while longer. I was just going out to mow but read this and now I'm wore out ;D

Not real sure about the young part , just turned 50 a few weeks ago , and those kinds of hours do take a toll on the body .

I'm glad to be back and looking at a semi normal life again , The space I have picked out for the new "Mancave" is just over 12' x 15' so that should give me plenty of reloading bench space , gun safe room and even a comp desk , right now I'm using boxes of ammo for a desk  ::)  what was that about something being the mother of invention ?  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »
I started a new job last week after being off since Aug. First day I went in at 4 am and left at 7:30 pm. Told them I may not be around there too long ;D  Going in the same tomorrow >:(  I have aged 5 yrs in those last 8-9 months ::)

Can't wait to see your new Mancave if you ever get to it. 12x15 sounds good, for now, then you can build on ;D

GOODNIGHT! It's still light out :'(