Author Topic: Barrel De-resonator..again  (Read 524 times)

Offline A.J.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Barrel De-resonator..again
« on: March 02, 2006, 06:09:00 AM »
Man, I love this place! Haven't even shot my newly acquired Handi yet, but I've spent hours in here. I'd asked earlier if anybody had tried the new barrel de-resonator from limbsaver. A moderator was nice enough to tell me how to use the search engine, but I must be doing something wrong because I didn't get any hits. Have any of you guys out there tried a de-resonator? I've been just trying to check all of the posts, but there's so much interesting stuff to read it's taking me forever, and I'm only on page 10. BTW...is there an easy way to jump straight to a page when I log in without having to go one page at a time? I'm on dial-up, and it takes forever...thanks..alan
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.  Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 06:28:10 AM »
I haven't had the need to use them on any of my Handi's yet since they all shoot so darn good.. :) but I did try one on my 270 win Weatherby Vangaurd. It made a big difference with several loads..and gave the results they offered with it by shrinking the groups down considerably..and turning lousy shooting ammo from a untuned rifle into shooting respectable groups using the same ammo. ..Some have tried them with mixed results on the Handi's..as with anything..sometimes it works..sometimes it doesn't. I've been playing around with bedding my rifles with Permatex RTV gasket silicon of late..and have had excellent results with it so-far.I'm basicly doing the same thing with it as what the De-Resonator does..changing the barrel harmonics..except with it you can move it around to find the sweet spot for it with several different loads as I did with my Weatherby......I do know they are fairly inexpensive..so it may save you from having to bed the barrel in the fore-arm..I still have mine for the day I don't get a good shooting Handi..and all the other tricks fail me..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 07:13:58 AM »
Alan, here's one of the better threads on the De-resonator... :wink:

Tim

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=71599&highlight=deresonator
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline A.J.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 07:58:09 AM »
Thanks Mac, and thanks for your patience, Tim. That was exactly what I was looking for. Stan told me this .270 I bought off of him will group from 2 to 3 inches. If that's all the better I can do, I'll put an O-ring on the forearm, and probably try one of those deresonators. I'll let you guys know how it works. After all, I bought it to shoot, not to look at....alan
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.  Thomas Jefferson