Author Topic: 243 ultra light loads for yotes  (Read 650 times)

Offline camsdaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
243 ultra light loads for yotes
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:56:02 AM »
Well I posted last week about if everyone was pleased with their 223's I was thinking of getting one. Well I checked the finances and it looks like I will be trying to find a good light round for my 243 ultra. It likes the 95 grain fusions and i will try to continue with them for deer. Well now I am in search of a accurate yote load. I know that the fusion is devistating on coyotes but wanting something lighter that i can reload that will be extremely accurate and pack a little punch at some distance. Can anyone recomend a light load to try the only thing i have tried light has been 80gr win PP and wasnt impressed thinking of a 55- 75 gr maybe a ballistic tip (never tried em) remember pelt damage is not an issue  I just want small groups and big holes. Or should I try to develope a 95 grain since it likes the fusion just figured I could go with a smaller bullet since i wouldnt be using it on deer. Oh my what happened to when the week before season I swung by got my license a box of xyz bullets went and shot a few and got in the stand oh if life were on that easy

Offline RodentRidder

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 03:47:21 AM »
My pet loads for my .243, I have remington 700 bdl heavy 24inch barrel

Win brass
52.0 grains of h414
55gr Nosler bt
cci br primers
------------------------------
win brass
46.0 grains of imr3031
75gr. V-Max
c1 br primers

Both loads shoot incredibly well both well under MOA.  Personally I like the 75gr. V-max more knockdown and wind doesn't affect it as much.  Shot a few coyotes @ 300+ yds with this load.  Both load combinations are very harsh on the pelts, but like you I really don't care about that.  The 55 gr load is almost max load.  I don't know how they work in a handirifle,  don't have one in .243 but soon will, hopefully.

Hope this helps Good Luck

Rodent Ridder :wink:

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 06:29:35 AM »
use  55 grain nosler (or C/T bullet) and varget and you'll get your yote droper.

i use

55 grain C/T nullet
43.8 grains of Varget
rem case
rem 9 1/2 primer

and get around 4000 FPS and it shoots flat enough to hold on a yote at 400 yards.
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while