Author Topic: PF-9  (Read 2860 times)

Offline sert01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • NRA Life Member Past Rescue 40 SRRT member
PF-9
« on: August 05, 2007, 09:30:50 AM »
just bought a pf-9 by Kel-tec. lightest, smallest 9mm made. double-action only.so far i love it!! three out of seven shots in a one inch circle first time i shot it. anybody have any experience with this gun? i checked many web-sites before i bought it and heard good things about Kel-tec. any feedback would be appreciated.   thanks,  sert01.   (the range was 5 yards on that range test).

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: PF-9
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 09:55:01 AM »
It sounds like you found a keeper I sure wish mine had been as good. At five yards mine was so far off point of aim it was impossible to even keep the shots on a man's chest and it grouped more like buckshot from a shotgun at 40 yards than like a handgun. It was a beauty to carry but so inaccurate and hit so far from POA it was useless as a carry gun. I was never able to find a load that would make it useable for me.

I can't recall any function problems with it tho as it seemed quite reliable at going bang when the trigger was pulled so I'd think if you have one that hits to POA and is accurate it should be a keeper. My little P32 that I replaced it with is quite accurate and hits to POA and so far has never malfunctioned. If I had a chance at one that hit to POA and was accurate I'd buy it for sure as they are a joy to carry.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 10:45:59 AM »
MY PF9 has in excess of 400 rounds and has had one failure to feed(wife limpwristing) and can keep them all in the center of my man sized targets at combat ranges.If I do my part.
a armed man is his own master

Offline Savage

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 11:45:37 AM »
I have a good one! Shoots to POA and 100% reliable to date. Had it about 10 months.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 04:40:30 PM »
I am satisfied with mine.  I can keep on a man sized target at 25  yards. that will serve my needs.  I have only fired the gun once, about 40 rounds, but like it, and perhaps with practice I can do better.

Offline sert01

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 06:34:45 PM »
merican Derringer until then.usually carry two buckshot loads or .45's in it unless i'm in my canoe, then i carry #6 shot for watersnakes and such. i read that the PF-9 will handle limited use of +P loads so i'll bang away at the range with regular nines then load the mag with 147 gr. hydrashoks as a carry gun.have any of you guys shot the 147 grainers  out of your PF-9?   thanks again.    Sert01

Offline sert01

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 06:42:39 PM »
 sorry for the snafu last post. hit the wrong button, i guess. wanted to thank you guys for the feedback.appreciate it!! i was shooting 124 gr. speer ammo last time at the range. gonna shoot a couple more boxes of it and loosen the gun up a little.(i just like to shoot the little thing!!!) so i'll be carrying my .45/.410 american derringer a while longer i guess.(continue above now)   thanks much,  Sert01

Offline T-Rex

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 06:44:17 AM »
I finally got hold of a PF-9 a couple months ago, to replace (substitute for) my normal carry P-11.  I have run close to 1000 rounds through it already, and it has performed flawlessly.  Because it is a dedicated conceal carry weapon for me, I have not fired it beyond a 20 foot silhouette target.  No matter how I point, aim, or just fire in the direction of; it is always on the vitals.

Offline sert01

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 06:54:46 AM »
TREX, i can shut my eyes and snap the gun up, open my eyes and the sites are almost always perfectly aligned . just seems to be a natural at point shooting or instinct shooting. been a long time since i've had a gun that fit me so well. last one was a 629 smith .44mag that i could do the same thing with but it got stolen in a house robbery. put the perp away for 5 years  but never did get the gun back. probably went to a crack house the cops fogured.

Offline wJAKE19

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 09:21:12 AM »
I got one about a 2 months ago, had some FTE's, called keltec, got a new extractor and spring for free. no problems since.
mine shoots about 5" high at 20 yards, but the groups are good, about 3".
good little summer time gun, but nothing can replace the XD.

all and all its a good gun.
~Jake

Offline sert01

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 03:33:51 PM »
have put several boxes of 9's through my PF-9 since my last post and am putting 5 out of 7 in the one inch bull at 10 yards now. love this little gun!!! definitely not a long range varmint pistol, but sure works for what it's intended for!!!  Sert01

Offline NWdude83

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 10:03:02 PM »
Kel-Tec's website says you can shoot +P in the PF9, just not frequently.
Thats right!

Offline Glockman

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 02:32:31 PM »
If you carry the PF-9 you should give a serious look at the Cor-Bon 100 grain Powr-Ball ammo.  I watched the factory rep shoot it into standardized ballistic gelatin.  Even with several layers of denim in the way it always expanded.  It is very hot and dumps all of its energy in about 10 inches.  It was designed for short barrel pistols.