Author Topic: IAB Sharps rifle kit  (Read 16838 times)

Offline kevinsmith5

• Trade Count: (4)
IAB Sharps rifle kit
« on: August 05, 2008, 06:03:07 PM »
IAB has two kits on its web site for building (sort of) your own 1874 Sharps. I can't find these actually for sale anywhere. Anyone know where one could be found?
If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: IAB Sharps rifle kit
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 07:57:25 AM »
My Google-fu tell me that there are actually  3 Sharps kits available, plus a semi-finished kit:

KITS AVAILABLE:

Sharps Model 1863 percussion rifle in .45 - .50 - .54 caliber with 22" or  28" and more longer round or octagonal barrel. Available with either single or optional double trigger.

Sharps Model 1866 metallic cartridge rifle in .45/70 - .45/90 - .45/120 caliber with 16" or 22" or 28"-32"-34" round or octagonal barrel. Available with either single or optional double set trigger.

Sharps Model 1874 metallic cartridge rifle in .45/70 .45/90 .45/120 and .45 LongColt caliber with 16" or 22" or  28" - 30" - "32 - 34" round or octagonal barrel. Available with either single or optional double trigger.

The kits are at the bottom of the hyperlink's page:

http://www.brenzovich.com/sharps_rifles.htm

To Order
by PHONE: toll-free 1.877.585.3775
by FAX: toll-free 1.877.585.3775
by EMAIL: bftcgoods@aol.com
by MAIL: Brenzovich Firearms & Training Center
22301 Texas 20
Ft. Hancock, Texas 79839

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:01:53 AM »
That company says they no longer stock them and just haven't gotten them deleted from their web-site yet.

What I really need is a Sharps action. I know where I can get the barrel (Track of the Wolf) and stocks (Brownells). All I'm short is the action itself.

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 06:37:01 AM »
Thanks.

Offline acelungger

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 02:43:26 PM »
Hi Kevin, Bad news at http://www.brenzovich.com/sharps_rifles.htm
emailed me today and said that IAB kits are discoutinued! IAB Still shows them on there web site! I talked to Tristar who imports IAB Sharps and they said they would check into it. But they didn't know where the liability would be! I also would like to find a Sharps kit, but the at Dixie Gun works is more than i want to spend, for I just traded for a new IAB Sharps.
 I hope this helped
ACE

Offline acelungger

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 12:51:58 PM »
Ihave emailed  IAB, twice havn't heard back from them. I want the kit #2 with 32" barrel, i told them, i didn't need any wood, but I would take it if I can get it, I might emailed them back and ask about buying 6 of them, I am sure if they are cheap enough, we could sell the other 4?
Just A thought.
ACe

Offline Sandy Ridge

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 10:46:18 AM »
Hi guys,  I bought one of those kits in 45-70 a few years ago. It was in the white.  It looked really nice.  I took it to have it head spaced and my gunsmith tooled me it was good, but the action had to be case hardened, as it was still soft steel.  I called the manufacture and they confirmed this. That would have taken the price up close to a finished gun. I asked why this was not in the instructions or the ad in Shotgun News and they said it should have been and refunded my money. Just something you should check out before buying. Maybe they are different now.  Good luck

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 11:39:59 AM »
You can buy the case hardening powder and cook it yourself.  I have access to a kiln at school to do mine.  For small parts a small container from MidwasyUSA was $10.

Offline Inventworld

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 09:19:51 AM »
I would love one of those sharps kits because I don't have the money for a finished one. I know that no one has posted on here in sometime but if anyone is still getting notifications on this I would love to know if there is another source for similar kits. Appreciate any info u may have. I'd love to find some who bought a kit and never built it who wants to sell it. Thanks again.