Author Topic: assault weapons ban!  (Read 933 times)

Offline bluecow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
assault weapons ban!
« on: February 26, 2009, 02:40:43 AM »
here we go again:  the pres. of change has proposed an "assault weapons" ban.  call wright and email YOUR rep. and sen.  they represent you.  lets get in front of this.
Everything before BUT is B.S.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
Re: assault weapons ban!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 07:21:57 AM »

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 04:44:09 AM »
I think we all know something is coming! Obama Says he "believes in the second amendment one day and say some constraints are necessary the next!  '"Shall not be infringed,"  I guess "Infringed" and "constraint" are not synonym in his thesaurus. Heck we have the new math, why not the new English language. I still don't know what "IS" means. p.s.. Thanks Graybeard for the spell check, Now way could I spell thesarous,, see!

Offline S.S.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 03:44:29 PM »
And it looks like everyone who rushed out to buy one in the last few months will not be able to keep
them in a couple of drafts.. No "GrandFather" clause! And current records that you have them!
Also no sunset on this one..
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:14:07 PM »
I for one am hoping that the AWB passes, I want the liberal scum to pass it, with no grandfather clause, no sunset. They need to include all pumps and semi autos. I'm tired of all the liberal scum that own guns and don't vote for them. I have heard so many gun owners say crap like they don't think people need assault weapons or whatever. I bet they would go along with the riot gun and sniper rifle ban too. Well maybe they would wake up when the guns they owns are banned.

The liberal scum controls both houses of congress and the presidency, they can and will pass any gun law that fits their agenda. There is nothing and I meen absolutly nothing gun owners can do to stop this short of an armed insurection. Don't think you can rely on the court, they have the power to impeach any judge that doesn't fit their agenda and they will.

Maybe some gun owners will wake up if this passes.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline cjclemens

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 05:20:06 PM »
I bet they would go along with the riot gun and sniper rifle ban too.

The thought of a "sniper rifle" ban is somewhat frightening.  Would that not include every one of our hunting rifles?  No rifle, from the simple single shot to the bolt-action, would be safe from something so ill-conceived as that.  I would hope the left wing gun banners are content with another Clinton-style ban on basic cosmetic features.  These useless gestures just show us all how out of touch with reality our politicians are.

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 12:44:06 AM »
Talking about it here is preaching to the quior.

Make your voice count.

Join the NRA and/or the GOA.

Write to your Senators and Representatives. Don't send them e-mails or vote in bogus polls. Write them real letters (polite but to the point) on real paper and make it stack up.

Be heard.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 12:55:03 AM »
billy:  2nd paragraph - very accurate and truthful.  I am planning on and waiting for them to make just that one mistake.  My only concern about an insurrection of sorts is intrusiveness by unwanted foreign powers.  They would probably feel that if the American public is in revolt they should step in to help - help who, I don't know, unless it is themselves who want to divide the country. 

cjclemens:  Yes, every sporting rifle would constitute a sniper rifle and you would no longer possess the right to own one.  Best give it up son cuz they gonna make it illegal to own pretty soon.

Terrry:  if you want to be heard, then yell loud and clear while you can still have a gun in your hand.  Have you forgotten your history lessons Son - tyrrants do not listen to the unarmed masses. 

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 04:16:10 AM »
It will be interesting to hear what the buzz is at the Gun Show today.

This Gun show is an interesting side note, it is located in the public High school in Wells MN. Several years ago after Columbine, some new residents of Wells decided that it was not appropriate to have a gun show in a high school. They contacted several media outlets and were covered all over the state, it was the best advertising the gun show had ever had, record turn out.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.