Author Topic: Winchester Ammo Moving to Mississippi  (Read 1220 times)

Offline while99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Winchester Ammo Moving to Mississippi
« on: January 21, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
Winchester ammo will now be made in right-to-work Mississippi.  Winchester firearms had already moved to right-to-work South Carolina few years ago.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-134816369.html

Offline Old Grizz

• Contributor
Re: Winchester Ammo Moving to Mississippi
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 09:09:02 PM »
Be thankful that it's not China.
Marlin 1895G Rules
45-70
Member Team Hornady
Life Member NRA
Member NAHC

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 09:18:08 AM »
Did they move the ammo plant from the "right-to-not-work" state of CT ?  ;)    ;D

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 09:19:48 AM »
Union sure showed Winchester. They aren't going to have to put up with any more unreasonable demands from the company.

Don't folks even watch TV? The economy is in the dumper, now really ain't the time to be demanding anything from your employer. Put your hat in your hand and say yes sir. I started my working career in 1978, I was damn happy to have a job period and you didn't quit till your first paycheck from the new job cleared the bank.

Those who have a short memory are relearning old lessons Jimmy Carter taught us. My two nephews have had more jobs in ten years than my whole family has held in my lifetime. Well, the last one they quit is the last one they had. They have finally admited that getting up to go to work is easier than living on what amounts to welfare. I warned them for ten years to get their acts together, that they were expendable.

I'm happy for those getting new American jobs in America this time. Good on Winchester, I'm liking this company more all the time.

Alton, Il Rangr44
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline cole k

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 02:40:09 PM »
I want to thank Olin/Winchester Ammo for moving to Mississippi. We needed the jobs.

Offline Tommie D

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 07:22:16 PM »
Wow,
New high paying jobs, that's great. 3.5 million between 150 people is $23,333.33 or 11.22 per hour. That beat's the pants off of working for Walmart, but I guess it is considered a hazardous job.
Now who get's to pay the higher taxes for these jobs to replentish the funds the MDA put out? State, County, or City.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 12:01:18 PM »
Wow,
New high paying jobs, that's great. 3.5 million between 150 people is $23,333.33 or 11.22 per hour. That beat's the pants off of working for Walmart, but I guess it is considered a hazardous job.
Now who get's to pay the higher taxes for these jobs to replentish the funds the MDA put out? State, County, or City.

If the alternative is paying people to sit on the couch eating Oreo's and watching Oprah, it's taxpayer money well spent.

I'm gonna guess the folks taking the jobs will have to pay income tax, perhaps I'm wrong. Someone did the math and figured the incentives were worth it, again I may be wrong, this is Mississippi after all. They do ciphers past the comma don't they?
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Cherokee Mike

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 03:32:53 PM »
Several years ago my stepbrother was a union representative at a manufacturing company in Oklahoma.  He had worked there over twenty years and thought he would have his job until retirement.  I remember he would tell us how much he earned by working overtime, weekends, holidays, and his birthdays.  Sometimes it would be two or three times his normal hourly pay.   

He was 100% union all the way, and every year he and his wife would attend union meetings all over the country, all expenses paid.  Finally, his company could not afford to compete with foreign and non-union companies because of the cumulative costs of their products.  It closed.  Now he is working at another job for about a fourth of his previous salary.

He still won't admit the boosted salaries and generous benefits had anything to do with his plant's closure.  If you ask him it was the fault of George W. Bush, the Chinese, the right-to-work states, etc.       

Offline Tommie D

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 09:30:14 AM »
'If you ask him it was the fault of George W. Bush, the Chinese, the right-to-work states, etc." 

NAFTA & GATT Come to mind

Offline Tommie D

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 10:58:18 AM »
Winchester ammo will now be made in right-to-work Mississippi.  Winchester firearms had already moved to right-to-work South Carolina few years ago.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-134816369.html

Did you notice that news article is seven years old?