Author Topic: Hmmmm...looks like somehow, hatians can get guns w/o the usual, mandatory check  (Read 32 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
Lots of missing details that make what was actually going on difficult to understand.  Just a few points, as I understand them:

- You do not have to be a US citizen to legally buy firearms from an FFL.  Federal courts have ruled as such.
- You do not have to have a state-issued ID to legally buy firearms from an FFL.
- Your address on your state-issued ID does not have to be current for you to legally buy firearms from an FFL.

Now, for all of the above you *do* have to have proof of residency and must be in the US legally.

Beyond that, if the FFL wasn't following current law and ATF guidance then they were putting their license at risk so I sincerely doubt they were not following current law and ATF guidance.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.