Author Topic: Time to level the field...  (Read 721 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Time to level the field...
« on: October 05, 2006, 01:25:09 AM »
   Some of us here have been complaining for years about the Muslims who won't stand up and disavow the Islamofacists and all they stand for...

Now it is time for some of us to do our own disavowals...

I was schooled in Baptist theology and regularly attended Baptist churches, Although the local church I now attend is simply titled "Christian" church, it is basically Baptist..being that our Pastor of 22 years is Liberty U. educated and myself and others in Leadership are Baptist trained.

Now we have this wingnut group out of Kansas, who call their church "Baptist" that have been disrupting funerals for our fallen heroes because of their irrational hatred  of others.
  Now they want to disrupt funerals for little Amish girls that were murdered at school..although talk show host Mike Galligher may have averted this embarrassment by giving them one hour of his show,  I hope this doesn't start a trend of trading a threatened demonstration for an hour's free radio time..

I would like to set a couple things straight:

First; disrupting hero's funerals because of hatred of homosexuals is despicable, especially when those same heroes probably had nothing, nada, zero.. to do with that Army policy.

Even the Army had little to do with it, being "subject to civil authorities" when this was forced upon them in the mid-nineties.

In any case, it is not any Baptist theology that I am aware of that holds such hatred for homosexuals. We may believe they are confused, even "taken strongly by a given sin"..but not objects of hatred (perhaps pity) but in most cases, not beyond redemption. They can be saved out of their sin, just as the rest of us have been.

The idea that since these "Baptists" are angry with Pennsylvania's governor...that gives them a "right" to disrupt these family's grief is totally beyond reason and any form of true Baptist thought !

One thing I would remind others about..the title Baptist is not patented or copywritten, so I suppose any kook bunch can steal the term.

No matter what their claim, in my opinion this gang is reprehensible and not only give Baptists a bad rap, but do so for all Christians.

So, fellow Christians...here's your chance to disavow a group that is in my opinion, committing emotional "terrorism".

Please join me in condemning these acts in the strongest terms I can muster...showing the world that WE will condemn such actions done by anyone purporting to believe in the same God as we do..

...And to that group from Kansas..please drop the term Baptist...may I suggest you replace it with "Hatist"..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jgalar

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Time to level the field...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 01:41:16 AM »
I saw the daughter of the paster of that Baptist church on Hannity and Colms. In her own words the little girls were not innocent and deserved to die. These people are just as sick as the Muslim extremists.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 02:33:19 AM »
There is no place in christianity that such actions are taught.......it is not christianity......yes, I loath the group.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 03:39:13 AM »
Using religion to justify ones antisocial bent is nothing new, but you're right, it needs to be shunned. 
Swingem

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 04:13:47 AM »
I am an Assembly of God minister. I said from the pulpit the other day with a hearty round of AMENS, that if these folks protested a soldiers funeral at our church someone else would have to preach the funeral because I would be in jail for assault and battery.

You wanna protest the war, go to the whitehouse.

You wanna protest Dod policies go to the Pentagon.

You wanna get slugged in the face, come to my church and protest a funeral.

Please note my views don't represent the views of the Assembly of God or a perfect Christian. I have no use for these folks. I would welcome Osama in my church before the Pastor @ Westboro. Both are terrorist but I think there may be hope for UBL.
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 12:00:27 PM »
I doubt these idiots are even Christians let alone Baptist.  They sure are not following any example my Lord and Savior had set while He walked the earth in the flesh.  These people are just plain mean spirited, unfeeling jerks.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline WmRoy

• A Real Regular
    • Gun Collectors Forum
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 12:21:28 PM »
Do these folks have a web-site?  They certainly are not true Christians much less Baptists.  As has been mentioned there are some 'wacko' groups that call themselves Baptist.  I doubt they have a true Baptist heritage thou...........

I would certainly want to confront them if they were in my area........... I don't believe I'd slug anyone though.......... that would just end up funding their organization and it's hate filled retoric.....

Offline 308Win

• Avid Poster
  • US ARMY-1956-1968,the rest I don't remember!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 05:21:41 AM »
Funerals are a privet affair no one has any right to make a spectacle of one at any given distance.But we know the NEWS Medea loves it.
How much money must we spend before we learn to concentrate on the front sight?"Col Jeff Cooper"

Offline Greysky

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.geocities.com/catman_56/Creative_Crafts.html
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 10:19:43 AM »
A bill was introduced to the Indiana legislature that would have made it a felony offense to deliberately disrupt funeral proceedings. At the moment I can't confirm whether or not this sensible law was enacted.
If at first you don't succeed, by all means try again. But if this doesn't work, give up, because there is no sense in making a darn fool of yourself.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 03:02:56 PM »
  Thanks Guys;
  I rather figured you would agree with me..

I believe it is our duty to expose such hateful frauds and disavow them..else, we shouldn't expect the Muslims to disavow the terrorists among them..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 04:35:34 PM »
I saw the daughter of the "preacher" of this cult on Hannity and Colmes the other night. She said the girls deserved to die and the reason they did was because of the wrath of an angry God. Both Hannity and Colmes, who hardly agree on anything, said this woman had no soul.
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19