Author Topic: VX-L Leupold...  (Read 596 times)

Offline patrick.hover

• Trade Count: (0)
VX-L Leupold...
« on: October 01, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »
Has anyone mounted a VX-L 4.5-14  50mm... on a Kimber Montana........... just like in all the pictures you see for the Kimbers and in the Leupold Book/ Advertisements?

I want to use theLeupold 1 inch  Super low rings ,I know the Low rings will work but will the Super low fit.

I called Leupold and the tech lady had no clue...even though it is in all the Leupold Brochures with the exact same scope and on the exact same gun...

The reason I have to ask is nobody in my town stocks the Super low Rings and I would have to order them....

Thanks,

Patrick 

Offline Zachary

Re: VX-L Leupold...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 02:40:47 AM »
I honestly don't know, but what I would do is go to Leupold's website and use their program that allows you to pick an exact leupold scope for an exact rifle.  It will tell you exactly what mounts will work.

If Leupold Dual Dovetails are available, then I would definately get those if it is a Leupold mount that you really want.

On my VX-III 3.5x-10x-40mm (No, not the L version) I mounted Talley lightweight mounts, and they work very well.

Zachary

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
Re: VX-L Leupold...
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 03:59:24 AM »
I put one on a Kimber Varmint with Low rings and it fit just fine. You can't get the dust cover on the front all the way because it is too tight. The Varmint has a heavy, fluted barrel so the shorter rings you are wanting should fit if you mount far enough forward. Good luck and I think you'll like the scope AND the rifle. I have two other Kimbers and they are all great rifles.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.