Author Topic: Possibly a new worm to contend with  (Read 1452 times)

Offline snuffer#1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Possibly a new worm to contend with
« on: June 27, 2006, 12:46:27 AM »
About a couple of weeks ago, I had done a update and scan on my spy sweeper and norton. After that, I went on the web . All of a sudden my homepage changed to AOL and I HATE AOL! Anyway spy sweeper is working with me to get rid of it. Apparently, since my daughters have yahoo messenger that is where the blasted thing came in from. About 2 days late,. Spy Sweeper had an update on a new threat. they said it was low risk. Well, I hate any risk! :evil: Should have it squared away soon. And it does come in from the yahoo mess. At times, I wish I could get rid of the whole yahoo thing. And one other thing, I would enjoy cutting off the fingers of these idiots! :wink:
                                                     snuffer
Anything worth learning can't be taught in a classroom.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Possibly a new worm to contend with
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 07:30:08 AM »
Yahoo has to be the biggest source of problems on computers in exixtence. I allow nothing from them on my computer and refuse to go to any yahoo site.

Of course I'm running a sytem immune to those bugs and buggers that infect most anyway. They can't work on my OS. :eek:

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Possibly a new worm to contend with
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »
Quote from: snuffer#1
yahoo..... I would enjoy cutting off the fingers of these idiots! :wink:
 snuffer

I like that one, so true!!!

I too downloaded  the Yahoo messanger becuase a friend wanted to comunicate faster than what e-mails alow. After the download, my pc was loaded with yahoo garbage. I now have a Yahoo tool bar that I dispise. I can remove the toolbar, but the next time I sit down to go online, the sucker is back. I cant figgure out how to pemanatley delete it.

I also now have a virous that somehow slipped past my trend security. So now I have this crap popping up recomending I go to such and such website to purchase their version to remove it. Yeah..riiiiight

I hate Yahoo with a passion and will never again go there. Some folks simpley forgot the good old fassioned way to run a business that the people can respect and thus patronize.

snuffer

I just felt like quoting that one more time since its so true!!

Offline 379 Peterbilt

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 08:26:39 AM »
 snuffer

I like that one, so true!!!

I too downloaded  the Yahoo messanger becuase a friend wanted to comunicate faster than what e-mails alow. After the download, my pc was loaded with yahoo garbage. I now have a Yahoo tool bar that I dispise. I can remove the toolbar, but the next time I sit down to go online, the sucker is back. I cant figgure out how to pemanatley delete it.

I also now have a virous that somehow slipped past my trend security. So now I have this crap popping up recomending I go to such and such website to purchase their version to remove it. Yeah..riiiiight

I hate Yahoo with a passion and will never again go there. Some folks simpley forgot the good old fassioned way to run a business that the people can respect and thus patronize.

snuffer

I just felt like quoting that one more time since its so true!!

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 08:54:11 PM »
Yesterday as I logged on to Graybeard, my Norton anti-virus gave me a warning about a worm coming through.  Norton said it was a low level threat and that Norton could stop it.  Thought I should let you know.  Rog
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Daveinthebush

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 06:09:17 AM »
I just spent $150 to try to repair mine and lost several years of pictures.  It took a day or so to reload all the software and password and logins and such.  Try Spybot for the spy programs.  My machine got so bad I could not virus scan, erase files, update the virus and other necessities.  Nasty stuff out there.
AK Bowhunting Certification Instructor
AK Hunter Certification Instructor
IBEP Bowhunting Certification Instructor

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 03:07:43 PM »
I just spent $150 to try to repair mine and lost several years of pictures. 
You should never ever keep anything on your computer that you have not back up to a disk! computers do go bad and stuff happens and you can be with out everything. if you have it on  a disk it is no real problem.  I use yahoo and AOL messengers and have not had any troubles I keep my firewall anti virus and spy ware sweepers up to date.

To get rid of the yahoo tool bar you need to go trough the add/ remove programs and remove it that way

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 01:12:24 PM »
Yesterday as I logged on to Graybeard, my Norton anti-virus gave me a warning about a worm coming through.  Norton said it was a low level threat and that Norton could stop it.  Thought I should let you know.  Rog

It DID NOT come from the GBO site, you already had picked it up elsewhere. It is not possible to get a virus of any kind from the GBO server. Not ever gonna happen. Nor will you ever get popups or any type of adware or other malware from this site.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!