Author Topic: man i'm broke  (Read 532 times)

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
man i'm broke
« on: October 15, 2006, 12:16:20 PM »
hey everybody write the army and tell them to rase the pay for a e-2.

rifle season is starting here on the 4th of Nov if i'm hunting on Ft hood by myself i have to use a slug gun but if i use the free guided hunt program i can use a rifle but it sounds like a pain in the butt.

so with season only 2 weeks out i need to get some gear down here. i've not took leave yet so i havn't been home to get any hunting stuff from there. so with 2 cabelas' and one sportsmens warehouse with in driving distance , its time to go shopping. i've bought some gear spent about $200 and put about $150 more on a card and i still have to get my ft hood access pass ($40). and  to top it all off its $20 a gun from the FFL here and the FFL at home was going to charge $20 a gun but droped it to $10 a gun. so with my 223, 30-06 ultra comp ,243, 44 mag and 12ga slug gun its $150 just to get my guns here, but hey if i can put a few 150gr fusions through a big ft hood buck it will be worth it.

good luck to all of you this year may handi hammers and big bucks fall .
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
Re: man i'm broke
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 03:14:02 PM »
What?????? you're going to use a gun? I guess Marv and I will have to come down and show you how it's done with a rock or a knife.Did you not learn anything from us old one's? :D :D :D :D  Digger  P.S. if Fort Hood is down by El Paso I'll see about getting permits for a muzzleloading deer hunt in my favorite N.M. hunting spot about 150 miles from there.
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 03:25:58 PM »
I see nothing has changed in the pay dept, I know exactly whatcha mean about being broke!!

Good luck to ya on the hunt!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 04:41:05 PM »

Ditch Ft Hood is in Central Texas Ft Bliss is at El Paso, Mitch should get some good hunting on hood.
 Yep, Army pay is the same always broke, But I'll bet Mitchell is get a lot more back in old days.
 You take care mitchell, It get better, you'll make PFC, get 10.00$ raise. Marv.

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 05:20:49 PM »
yeah i use to make a llittle more then 2x as much as i make now, but hey atleast there some good hunting around here.

how far from here are you marv??
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline Dillohide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 04:03:45 AM »
Mitchell that Killeen, Temple, Gatesville area is a pretty good place to hunt. I grew up in Waco & live in the DFW area now. The one thing that can screw up opening weekend is the weather. You're not so far south that a cold front from Oklahoma can't dip down and cool things down quick. Texas deer are used to the heat but they're also smart enough to do most of their moving and feeding at night until things cool down. Can't tell you how many times I've hunted opening weekend in short sleaves ... even a t-shirt. We're getting rain now but it's been a long, extreemly hot and dry summer. It will be interesting to see how well the deer population survived it. Usually by Thanksgiving they are out and about pretty good. Good thing we have a long season!

Offline 9x19

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 11:24:53 AM »
Why not simply mail your guns to yourself... its perfectly legal... see:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b9

(B9) May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.

Just have them sent to you at a married-buddy's address off-post, unless you live off-post.

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 02:05:06 PM »

Mitchell, you should not be broke, I just found out your base pay is about
 13 or 14 times what mine was when I was in. That was 55 years ago.
  Take you young wipper snapper!  Mar.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 05:17:20 PM »
Mitchell

I'm sorry to see that the USA and the IBEW have something in common , I'm Broke Every Wednesday
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped