Author Topic: Is there such a thing as an fully adjustable scope mounting system?  (Read 488 times)

Offline DENALI

• Trade Count: (0)
...... as in you can leave your scopes internal settings in their factory centered positions and all of your adjustments can be made via the base and/or rings for windage and elevation? Thanks

Offline EsoxLucius

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Is there such a thing as an fully adjustable scope mounting system?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 04:15:07 AM »
I've seen them for AR-15 and air rifles.  Don't know if they would adapt to a hunting rifle or not.

Beeman 5039
We learn something new everyday whether we want to or not.

Offline Carl l.

• Avid Poster
  • Hunting,Fishing,Camping and Woodworking
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 02:16:52 PM »
DENALI, I am a little late on this but yes they have been made. I don't know if they do anymore. Weaver made one 2.5x8 power in 1960 to 1962. Unertl made them for there target and varmint scopes. Layman made them for there target scopes also. I still have the Weaver and Unertl scopes. I have seen them sold on E-bay sometimes. They may have made others but I don't know about them. I love the scopes with the external adjustments, I wish they made them today. Carl L.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 03:40:38 AM »
That's the way the old Unerlt scopes were........
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 05:17:41 AM »
The Burris Signature rings allow complete adjustment with their offset inserts, although it has to be done at the time of mounting and dismounted to make adjustments.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline countryroads

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 04:18:46 PM »
Denali,

The Kuharsky Brothers made these back in the 60's.  I had several of them, and I owned one scope.  It was a Bausch and Lomb 2.5 to 8 power scope with no internal adjustments.  Elevation and windage were adjustable in the mount.  Once you had a rifle zeroed with the scope, you could take the scope off very easily and lock it onto another rifle that was fitted with Kuharsky mounts. 

In fact, I still have a Kuharsky mount for a Winchester Model 70 long action.  It was on my .264 WinMag. 

When my trusty Balvar 8a pooped the bed, I couldn't find another scope without internal adjustments, so I had to replace all of my Kuharsky mounts and put a scope on each of my rifles.

The mounts and scope system worked very well.  It is a shame that you can't get those today, although they are available on ebay but you really have to know what you're looking at because the folks that are trying to sell them don't seem to have a clue.