Author Topic: 30-30 AI ?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: 30-30 AI ?
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2006, 06:42:48 PM »
Levergun 94:

Here is some personal observations:
My 30-40 AI would fireform brass from factory 30-40 Krag loads perfectly. Never had any ejection problems. Never had any case life problems. In fact my records show 8 to 10 reloads, with 2 to 3 trimmings before being tossed. And then it was due to loose primer pockets. And the cases reloaded perfectly with RCBS dies labeled 30-40 Krag AI. You figure out the na-sayers, because I can't.
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007

Offline hellacatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 12:48:37 AM »
There seems to be alot of closed minds on the 30-30AI. A lot of people have tried em some reaming them their self and haveing very good luck. There has been some good reportes on the 30-30AI on some other sites one should do a search and see.  I was able to shoot one once and was impressed and I am still considering doing my 30-30 into a AI. Now if that is not the proper name for it for some then I am sorry.
from Tennessee---Paul

Swampman

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 02:05:26 AM »
I'm sure it's fine, but personally I think I'd go with the .30-40 for the same amount of effort and cost.  I meant no slight on any of the AI cartridges.

Offline Levergun 94

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Texas Hunting Forums
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 02:42:58 AM »
Hello again folks.

Thank you all for your replies.
I know there are more powerful rounds out there.  If that was all I was looking for I would have picked the .308 or similar.
It's just a personal curiousity about my favorite round.  I never really saw a need for a different round for my personal use, but as stated before, it would be nice the see what the round could really do with a little 'finessing' is all.
I thank you all again for your replies, and I will take all advice into consideration.  Thanks for the help folks,

TIm
Take your time ..... but do it quickly
Attributed to Mr. James Butler Hickcock