Author Topic: Corbin base guard disks with dimple, can they work in the Swag-0-matic?  (Read 978 times)

Offline JBMauser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
These disks are cheap enough and they may work on the CH equipment.  Do any of you use these.  Do any of you have a Swag-0-matic as well?  Anyone have a few I can try in .45cal.?  Any discussion on these base guard disks would be of interest.  Thanks JB

Offline iiranger

• Contributor
Old gun digest...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 07:13:09 AM »
A retired gunsmith friend gave me an old gun digest from the 1950s I think... Anyway, there was an article about Mr. Harvey and his zinc disc base bullets. A little flattering, but he did emphasize that pure lead bullets have alot less tendency to shatter than alloys. In his writings, Mr. Dave Corbin tells of failures with these zinc discs when they were undersize for the bore... [surprise!   surprise!!] but if filling the bore and not over taxed, satisfactory... and his work led to the copper disk... he has several books on his web site free for the download. No pictures, but text discussing this product... good, free place to start... luck

Offline Lead pot

• A Real Regular
Re: Corbin base guard disks with dimple, can they work in the Swag-0-matic?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 01:39:08 PM »
JB yes they will work.

I don't have the ch press anymore but I did use them with it.
I still use them with the two Corbin presses I now use.

Use them with pure lead in the CH, I use them with 1/35 in the RCE press.
Kurt
Dont go were the path leads,go were there is no path and leave a trail.