Author Topic: Ported H&R  (Read 988 times)

Offline a45gunslinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.zippyvideos.com/8333718701028686/000_0452/
Ported H&R
« on: October 19, 2006, 05:00:54 PM »
Has anyone ported or put a muzzle break on their USG?? I have one in 12g. that i'd ilike to have done for my son- Thanks

Offline Critter

• Contributor
Re: Ported H&R
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 12:49:48 AM »
I think Markus has a ported slug gun.  He seems very happy with it.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 04:18:19 PM »
Critter is right I do have a ported slug gun and very happy with it. It is not an ultra though. It is a topper deluxe slug that came ported from the factory. I don't know why they don't still make this model. It's the same barrel as a trackerII except ported and the stock is black like a topper and it has a recoil pad like a topper deluxe. I can't imagine need a port job on a gun as heavy as a USG. If recoil is an issue I'd just stick with 2 3/4" loads. If recoil is still an issue get a 20ga. That will serve you well for deer as has been proven time and time again by the fine folks that post the pics of all the deer taken with their 20s.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 03:43:36 AM »
Hey Markus, could you post a pic of this barrel for me? Seems like I remember seeing one before....
How many port holes does it have?
-Aaron

Offline a45gunslinger

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 01:48:26 PM »
I was just weighing out all of the soulutions. I'm more worried about him practicing w/it and starting to flinch...he weighs about 100lbs. and I'm just trying to make it a pleasant experience- kevin

Offline jro45

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 12:06:29 PM »
i'm gonna start my grandson with a 410ga shotgun. He's 14. I was 12 when I bought my first 410.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 01:52:37 PM »
I'll try to get a pic up this weekend.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 01:37:24 PM »
Just found your post while doing some "ketcin' up....."
A few years ago I worked up an NEF Tracker II.....I found that I had a hard time with the recoil [and I hated shooting my 30-06, too!]
I did three things so I could shoot mine more than 3 rounds at the range without getting spasms in my shoulder........

I put a mercury recoil reducer in the buttstock. Fit right in, along with some packing to take up the extra space.

I was still having a problem with the forend jumping out of my hand, throwing off the shot, so I sent the barrel to Magna-Port. Actually it is Pro-Port [same people] for shotgun porting. THAT definately  ;D took care of the jumping!!

Number three was I found a 1 oz sabot that shot incredibly well, even out to 100yds that is very tolerable to shoot.

This WAS going to be my bad weather, standby deer gun for shotgun only on state land, but so far it is the only gun that went out the past 3 years!

Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 01:43:28 AM »
Looks like they did a great job porting your barrel. Nice..
-Aaron

Offline Woodchopper

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 05:40:58 PM »
I HAVE THA MAG-NA -PORT ON MY ULRA SLUG HUNTER AND AM VERY PLEASED WITH IT.I SHOOT THE REMINGTON BUCK HAMMERS OUT OF IT AND IT  KEEPS THE BARREL FROM JUMPING(SOMEWHAT) AND HELPS DRIVE THE RECOIL BACK INTO YOUR SHOULDER.SOMETHING I DID NOTICE IS AFTER GETTING THIS PARTICULAR PORTING JOB IS HOW THE SOUND OF THE SHOT GOING OFF COMES RIGHT BACK IN YOUR FACE.I GUESS IT THE DIRECTION OF THE PORTS.HOP.E THIS HELPS

Offline a45gunslinger

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 08:57:43 AM »
 ;D I took my boy to the range today. he shot his .22 to a while and then my 11-87 to get used to the recoil. and then to the  USG. After he pulled the trigger he looked at me and thought "what the @#@@" (I could tell he was thinking it) I quickly asked where did the bullet hit. He looked through the spotting scope and it was dead center. He was so excited he quickly shot another..again it was right there. After the cease fire was called we walked down to see what he had done... two perfect heart shots. We posted a new target and he finnished off the box of Hornady 300 gr.SST's with all 3 hitting an 1-1/2" group.  I sure am proud of him. On the drive home he said "that gun sure does kick...good thing I only need to shoot once."    gotta love it! - Kevin

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 03:31:28 AM »
Here are a a couple pictures of a Topper Deluxe Slug that Markus was referring to:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o77/EVOCONE/PICT0023.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o77/EVOCONE/PICT0022.jpg

EVOC ONE