Author Topic: Kansas Anyone  (Read 586 times)

Offline BLASERMAN

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Kansas Anyone
« on: May 21, 2006, 06:47:00 AM »
Anyone know of the deer hunting and around Coffey Kansas.
I have a chance to hunt Coffey County Kansas this year ,wanted to know more about it.What kind of area is this.

Offline prairiedog555

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Kansas Anyone
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 12:10:25 PM »
I live in NE Kansas and there are plenty of deer here.  Even the local radio shows start telling people in the fall to be carefull, the Deer are moving.  They kill a number of people every year and my insurance agent tells me out here more collisions with deer than from cars.  from what I have heard all of Ks and Mo. is good deer hunting, especially around the little towns

Offline prairiedog555

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 12:15:33 PM »
I forgot to tell about the DA in the next county.  He made it public two years ago that he would NOT proscicuite anyone for poaching deer, so many people have been hurt in car collisions.  I guess that is why Ks now allows some out of state hunting and doe permits cost $10 for all you want.  And they are BIG, when people talk about using small caliber rifles on deer, then I see their pictures I see why, they are hardly bigger than a Dog.  These Deer are much bigger. I shot a 240lb doe last year, Weighed it, and that is not uncommon.

Offline handi243

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 12:18:23 AM »
Man i would love to hunt in Kansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline apphoto

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 03:40:24 AM »
Not sure about Coffey Kansas, but I am sure you will find deer just about anywhere here in Kansas. I drive 160 miles round trip every day to work. The last two weeks have been very bad for deer vs car accidents. Knock on wood, I have not been involved in one yet, but a spike buck did try to run into my car on Friday, but I saw him coming and had time to slow down.
Hey Handi243, why can't you hunt Kansas? Where you from? Too far to drive?

Offline handi243

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 03:55:32 AM »
I'm in nc man it would be great to hunt there. ;D

Offline apphoto

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 05:01:21 AM »
Hop in your truck now and you will be here in plenty of time for opening day! I was lucky enough to get permission on a bunch of ground that is crawling with deer!

Offline prairiedog555

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 03:57:06 AM »
went pheasant hunting around Marysville Ks. yesterday, shot a turkey my dog pointed, how about that! 
Saw plenty deer, 2 really nice bucks.  They are really chasing the does, rut must be comming on, it is fun just to watch with binoculars.  Reminds me of my teen years.

And I jumped quite a few out of public hunting area that I was bird hunting.
there is a lot if it around N central.