Author Topic: laser max sights ?????  (Read 364 times)

Offline kenscot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
laser max sights ?????
« on: October 20, 2006, 11:00:42 AM »
Does anyone have experience with this sight? I do like the idea that it is internal and does not alter the exterior of the gun. Would like to see some feedback from those who have used them

Offline rockbilly

Re: laser max sights ?????
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 04:37:50 PM »
I have one on a Sig 229, it works great and I am pleased even though it seems a little awkward at times to turn it on/off.  I have several other guns equiped with the Crimson Trace grips, I like the idea of gripping the gun and being able to turn the sights on/off without extending my finger to reach the takedown lever on the Sig.  The Crimson Trace with the on/off switch under my trigger finger just feels more natural to me.

Offline HuntingGuy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 08:24:08 AM »
Go with the Crimson Trace.  I've heard mixed reviews on the lasermax.  Go to MidwayUSA, find the product, and read the reviews.. If memory serves correct, there were quite a few listed within the page.  Some good some bad.
HuntingGuy
Hunting in Minnesota Moderator

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 05:19:49 PM »
I've have both the Crimson Trace and Lasermax and here's how I would compare them ...

Crimson Trace offers a brighter beam which can be seen easier under bright conditions. Lasermax offers a pulsating beam which is easier to find quickly.

The Crimson Trace ie easier/quicker to activate. The Lasermax is more accurate.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.