Author Topic: trigger gaurds and fore-end spacers-FYI  (Read 547 times)

Offline fortress49

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
trigger gaurds and fore-end spacers-FYI
« on: December 05, 2006, 03:52:56 AM »
Hello,

I just talked with H&R and they state that they still have metal trigger gaurds but that they are all out of the metal fore-end spacers.  The lady I talked to stated that there are no plans for making any more.  Sad, I was willing to pay extra to get the metal fore-end spacer.  I think it adds a bit of quality to the rifle.

Matt

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: trigger gaurds and fore-end spacers-FYI
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 05:06:24 AM »

Folks always want them when they don't offer them...The problem was the cost of them...and most folks didn't want to pay $35.00 to get one or $80.00 for the pair...When I talked to Gordon last week..he said the ones they have been selling were what they had left over when they were putting them on the Buff Classic's & Target Models...It's a shame they have resorted to putting the plastic ones back on everything...and with all the new Handi Converts there is...seems like many would want metal parts instead of the plastic...I've got them on all of mine...I would suggest if you want the metal trigger gaurd...get it...cause when there gone...there gone...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
Re: trigger gaurds and fore-end spacers-FYI
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 07:26:12 AM »
I called a couple weeks ago about the steel units, but the lady that answered said they were out and wouldn't carry them again.

I'm probably gonna take a set of my plastic spacer and t-guard over to my uncle's machine shop for CNC duplication out of steel or aluminum(maybe bronze or brass too).  Not sure which I intend to go with.  If/when I get around to doing it, I'll provide a CNC data clip to everyone that asks so that they can go have their own made.  I would fearful of "producing for profit, patent infringement, etc.." if I made a batch of them to distribute.
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07