Author Topic: 2006 election results...  (Read 1815 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 2006 election results...
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2006, 11:01:04 PM »
YUP!
It is foolish for any to think conservative or liberal on all issues. Some demand a change of thinking.
There is more than one issue and if your stance is on one issue you are uneducated and need to look at the big picture.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2006, 07:46:34 AM »
The peoblem is both parties don't give what most of the Americian people want.  One is too far left and the other is too far right.  60% of the country is middle of the road.  These people are pro gun, pro choice, pro embriotic stem cell research, anti cloning, and anti drug/smokers.  They are the ones that swing back and forth keeping the country centered.  Half of their beliefs are with one party and the other half is with the other party.  I know I am one of them.  I normally keep my mouth shut on issues that I know 80% of GBO posters hold dear to their hearts.  There is no way you are going to ever chance your mind, just like I will never change mine.  At first I was 100% behind GW, but as the years go by he has lost a lot of my support by bringing his religious views into government.  I now feel it is time for a change.  But voting Democrat scares me a little to.

Let me explain one issue, I had this discussion last week with Michael Dukes a local radio talk show host.  Mike is pro second admendment to the max, good NRA material.  He host Firearms Friday, the rest of the week the topics vary.  Mike was born and raised here in Alaskia's bible belt of North Pole, he also is dead set against Abortion and Embrionic Stem Cell research.  OK, I can understand his view on Abortion, but not on the stem cell research.  His reason it that it kills an embrio.  OK I can understand that, to a point.  Since the embrio is going to be throwen into an incenirator, and killed, why not remove the stem cell?  When a woman has eggs frozen, then decides not to use them, they are destroyed by being throwen into an incenirator.  They are wasted, no good has come of them.  After our discussion, he has not changed his mind, but he at least looks at the issue from a differant prospective.  As he looks into the issue farther I think the issues will speek for themselves.  And while he may never be a Stem Cell supporter, I don't think he will be such an outspoken anti supporter either.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2006, 11:22:34 AM »
Well folks get ready to dig a little deeper into your pockets - taxes will be going up soon.  Oh, and hide those semi-automatics and pumps because you know that the Dems will be pushing to ad them to the banned list. Stock up on ammo now too before the Dems 200% sin tax on ammo goes into effect. Our already shaky military status as a world super power will take another hit as we tuck tail and run away from Iraq.   Better get an English to Spanish dictionary while you're at Wally-World stocking up on ammo and start practicing so that you will be able to communicate with the new majority when the Dems roll out the red carpet to the 20 million illegals in this country and make them legal.  At least your girls won't have to travel far for an abortion when they open up the abortion clinic next door to the high school.  And say hi to the new couple next door, Garry and Bruce - they make such a cute couple in their matching pink polo shirts don't you think.   ;)

And please remember, if you were too lazy or couldn't be bothered going out to vote or if you actually voted for the Dems you have no right to gripe when all this comes to fruition.  ;D 

BRETT. You pretty well covered it Sir, I agree. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 11:34:55 AM »
60% pro choice, pro embriotic stem cell & anti cloning? Realizing that 47.3% of all statistics are made up I have yet to find anything that would agree with that statement.

Polls are consistently showing that Americans are becoming more pro-life. A December poll conducted by Zogby International, a respected nonpartisan polling firm, confirms that, by a 53% to 36% margin, the public supports the statement, "Abortion destroys a human life and is manslaughter.
http://www.zogby.com/soundbites/ReadClips.dbm?ID=6982

One thing that I find funny is how often embriotic stem cell and cloning are mentioned.
The ethical debate over embryonic stem cell research is about whether or not we as a society feel it is okay to destroy a new developing life, in the form of a blastocyst, in order to pursue the possibility of future ways to improve the health of other human lives.
Didnt mean to go off topic.
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2006, 11:39:37 AM »
For the record I support Adult Stem Cell research as well as Umbilical Cord Stem Cell research as these both have been proven to work. Embryonic Stem Cells have not cured anything and have caused tumors in patients they were used in.

My father has Parkinsons and I can assure you I want a cure as both it and Alzheimers run in my family. Scientist say at best we are 10-15 years away from embryonic stem cell research doing ANY good.
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19