Author Topic: Range Results Ultra Slug Hunter, Copper Solids, and Buckhammers  (Read 676 times)

Offline GLC

• Trade Count: (0)
Range Results Ultra Slug Hunter, Copper Solids, and Buckhammers
« on: November 15, 2006, 09:52:57 AM »
Zeroed my USH today, probably will use the Copper Solids.   Accuracy from my USH has been amazing for a slug gun.  I've had this USH for only about three months and am thoroughly impressed with it.  Here's pics of my 50 and 100 yard targets today along with my USH.  I think I'm ready to go!

The big holes are Buckhammers and they really thump the shoulder!!  The smaller holes are the Copper Solids.  I only fired these 10 rounds today.  Two each at 50 yards and three each at 100. 

Marlin Firearms- Only the best leverguns

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Range Results Ultra Slug Hunter, Copper Solids, and Buckhammers
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 11:00:19 AM »
Mine LOVES the CopperSolids as well!!

last year I tried the BUCKHAMMERS. One word AWESOME!!! Accuracy not as good as the oppersolids but fine for 100 yrd shooting.

Here is a group I shot Monday with mine and BuckHammers at 100yrds. It IS a three shot group. the last shot went thru the first hole. The smaller holes at the top and bottom are from my H&R 500.

Here is a close up:

I LOVE my USH!!!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline jrkrk

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 12:32:23 PM »
Hey CW do you get any leading in the rifling with the buckhammers. I have a 12 and a 20 USH haven't tried the buckhammers yet. :)

Offline GLC

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 01:53:21 PM »
I only fired these five rounds of Buckhammers out of mine.  I was suspicious of leading but saw none.  Granted, it was only five shots, but how many do you really shoot while hunting?  Should be "one and done" with the USH anyway. 

Marlin Firearms- Only the best leverguns