Author Topic: New Documentary (sort of) About BP Cannon Shooting  (Read 887 times)

Offline CrufflerSteve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
New Documentary (sort of) About BP Cannon Shooting
« on: November 11, 2006, 05:21:57 AM »
The world premier of 'Blasted!!! The Gonzo Patriots of Hunter S. Thompson' will be Saturday the 18th at the Denver Film Festival.
http://www.denverfilm.org/eventwindow.cfm?event_id=709

I'm in it. The fellow who got the most screen time was wearing a pink suit and a pickelhaube. He also had a dancing all girl crew - The Swabettes. It's hard to compete with that! He had a rather unconventional bowling ball cannon that he used to great effect a point blank range on a variety of objects. He made a few comments that made me wish Claypipe would suddenly materialize next to him in full SCA regala.

I haven't been at all active on this board lately or doing any shooting. Between moving, new jobs & relationships I've had no time.

I see my Bronze Nountain Rifle is being mentioned agin. I don't know if I posted this before but you can never have too many pictures of cannon firing.

Steve

Offline claypipe

• Http://www.handgonne.com
Re: New Documentary (sort of) About BP Cannon Shooting
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 10:20:02 AM »
Hunter Thompson stole my the idea of my last wish. When people ask me how I want to be laid to rest, my answer has been, "Roast me, Toast Me, Then Shove Me down the barrel of a cannon and shoot me into the wind. That way, everyone there can kiss my ash!"

CP

Offline CU_Cannon

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 02:38:41 PM »
Sounds like an interesting documentary.  Too bad it’s so far away.

Nice picture, it’s rare to witness a cannon teaching its young to hunt.

Offline CrufflerSteve

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 09:26:26 AM »
It premiered yesterday to an enthusiastic crowd. Most of the Swabettes even attended. It is next going to be shown at a festival in Rotterdam in January.

This certainly isn't a documentary like Artillery Games. Watching the different groups you can see who just got or made a cannon and who has been involved in the cannon communities. There is some appallingly unsafe behavior so education and reaching out to fellow cannoneers might reduce those stories we read about.

Money quote: At the end, all of us who took part were brought up front. One fellow, Paul Stone said, "Everyone thinks Americans are gun happy. We like artillery too."

A trailer for this can be found at  Artillery Pictures.

Steve