Author Topic: CCI 200 Vs CCI 250  (Read 475 times)

Offline Chief

• Trade Count: (0)
CCI 200 Vs CCI 250
« on: July 20, 2003, 07:51:48 PM »
I finally got around to loading some cast bullets to try in a 375 H&H.  I was loading some Nosler Partitions at the same time so I used CCI 250 primers in all the cases.  I was real careful not to mix the powders up and only had one can open at a time but didn't think to much about the primers.  I always check over what I load and that's when I noticed most of the books listed CCI 200 primers for the cast bullets.  These are the first cast bullets I've loaded for the 375 H&H.  I don't like playing around with unsafe pressure problems so I figured I'd ask you guys the question if I loaded up something I'd best take apart and use it as a lesson learned.  To my thinking these loads should be very very mild compared to what a partition takes but...one can't be to careful.  I don't get to the range much these days so I'm not pressed to use them.  I just hate to take them apart unless there's a real need.  Here are the loads:

43 grains of IMR 4895 pushing a 264 gr. 375449 GC cast bullet.
45 grains of IMR 4895 pushing a 264 gr. 375449 GC cast bullet.

I had planned on shooting the lower charges first and look for any signs of pressure, leading or accuracy problems and then try the 45 grains.    Any comments would be appreciated.  Thanks