Author Topic: 45 LC Ruger Bisley bullet?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Tigman

• Trade Count: (0)
45 LC Ruger Bisley bullet?
« on: November 07, 2006, 02:55:29 PM »
I've been shooting Cast Performance for a number of years300 grain LFNGC around 1300 with good accuracy. What do you recommend? I want to start making my own!! The pics and reports I've read have led me here!!

Thanks very much
Mark

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: 45 LC Ruger Bisley bullet?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 06:10:44 PM »
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/lbt/molds.htm

It's the link to Veral Smith's catalog

E-Mail: LBTisAccuracy@imbris.net

Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Lead Bullet Technology
Re: 45 LC Ruger Bisley bullet?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 07:39:49 PM »
  If accuracy is your main goal, the 300 LFN is a good choice, but 320 gr is better.  Both are excellent game bullets if shot with stout loads, like 1300 to 1400 fps.
  If you'd like to kill any game on the continent quickly without taking a pounding yourself, choose a 300 gr WFN and drive it at about 1200 fps.  Accuracy with the WFN at 300 gr plus will fall off at long range if shot at low velocities.  If you have no concern with big dangerous brutes, a 280 gr will kill as cleanly at the same speed with a bit less recoil and near the same accuracy potential.  The 280 gr will also stabilize well with  light loads, if you like to shoot them during the off season, and powers up to 1450 real easy if you should want to take on something heavy and mean.   

See the post, '45 bullet for multiple guns'  below.  That writer chose a 260 gr WFN which I cut for him today.  Keep in mind that the 44 magnum and 45 LC have made history with 250 grain bullets.  My designs are superior to those used to convince the world of the value of these two great cartridges.  So, though I offer the heaviestbullet weights available, and they are the most powerful and accurate bullets on earth, heavyweights aren't what everybody wants or will be happiest with.  We  need to consider all the factors and options.

If this doesn't answer your questions, ask again!
Veral Smith