Author Topic: Shot a whole herd of deer yesterday.  (Read 473 times)

Offline alleyyooper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Shot a whole herd of deer yesterday.
« on: November 19, 2006, 06:33:36 AM »
Was raining puppy dogs and cats Thursday all day. In the after noon I had as many as 16 deer milling around in the brush and golden rods in front of my blind. They would be all wet and shake the water off like dogs do. I thought Boy I bet the wife would have enjoyed seeing that and her dad too. He is recovering from cancer surgery. So I have been taking the video camera with me every day since. Friday I saw deer from a different blind in the morning when it was to dark to film them, never saw any in the afternoon. Saturday morning hunting yet another blind I never saw any deer or squirrels for that matter. After lunch found me in the fence row again along the over grown field. About 3:30 a flock of sand hills flew over but were to high to tape but the two does 30 yards away were not. They were filtering thru my shooting lanes one and two at a time. There were 5 does and one button buck. I got a good 15 minutes of tape. They knew some thing wasn't right and kept licking their noses and holding their noses high to get a scent of what was making that purring noise (camera motor).
Now I have found another way to hunt and shoot all the deer I see if the light is good. Can't hardly wait for turkey day to show it to dad.

:)  Al

Garden View Apiaries, where the view is as sweet as the honey.

http://oldgrumpy.fanspace.com