Author Topic: Steel shot?  (Read 735 times)

Offline ZSDAD

• Trade Count: (0)
Steel shot?
« on: November 21, 2006, 06:20:12 PM »
I have my eye on a new Pardner youth 20ga.(the one with the straight stock) for my 8yr. old. My question is, is it ok to shoot steel shot thru this gun?? Here in SD we have to use steel shot on all public land. Thanks for your help. Brad

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: Steel shot?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 01:45:22 PM »
Shouldn't be a problem, especially if it's a mod choke. Might want to call CS just to be sure.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline ZSDAD

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 05:13:31 PM »
Thank's I thought it would be ok, I'll give them a call after the holiday.I really like the look of that stock and it's the perfect size for my boy

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 08:59:15 AM »
I have my eye on a new Pardner youth 20ga.(the one with the straight stock) for my 8yr. old. My question is, is it ok to shoot steel shot thru this gun?? Here in SD we have to use steel shot on all public land. Thanks for your help. Brad
FWIW, my wife uses the same gun. She's shot steel through her's with zero problems.

Offline ZSDAD

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 05:04:14 PM »
Well, I bought it this morning. I can't wait to see his face on Christmas morning!!! I may have to go by one for me too!!!!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 06:10:55 PM »
Great little gun. It will probably be the gun that he'll remember and treasure most. Thats a real looker too. Definitley find the lightest loads you can for the 1st few rounds he puts through it. I started with a 20ga topper deluxe model 192 when I was around his age and never hunted with any other shotgun until I was in my mid 20s. It's a very versatile gun. Buck or bird  a twenty 's plenty.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 06:17:09 AM »
Well, I bought it this morning. I can't wait to see his face on Christmas morning!!! I may have to go by one for me too!!!!
Then he will have a gun just like Dad; ;D That's a no brainer! ;) FWIW I'm 56 & my son is 35; & we still rabbit hunt with our NEF Singles. (We do it the hard way too; with a 28ga & a 410 & BEAGLES!) You will be just as happy as your son come Christmas Morning! :D ;) ;D

Offline ZSDAD

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 08:36:37 AM »
I've got a Mossberg youth 20 he's shot that a few times but it's stil a little to big. I started with my Grand Pa's topper in .410, it hang's on the wall now. Bagged alot of bunnies and squirrels with that old girl, got my first pheasant with it to.