Author Topic: Story of the Midnight Caller?  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Duke0313

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • I am the way, the truth, and the life. -John 14:6
Story of the Midnight Caller?
« on: November 28, 2011, 11:54:43 PM »
Okay, this past weekend I watched True Grit again for the umpteenth time. Mattie offers to tell the story of the Midnight Caller, but Duke won't put down that bottle so we never get to hear said story.
Does anyone here know the story? Seems to me I recall an aunt telling some sort of audience-participation story to a bunch of us kids many years ago as we were huddled together in her darkened living room one stormy night. But for the life of me, I can't recall how the story goes or even what it was about! Can't even say that it was the same story. Anybody here know the story of the Midnight Caller? I've searched the Web 'til my fingers are numb and find nothing except references to some old T.V. show. Can anyone please help me before I lose my dang mind?
"Republic:  I like the sound of the word -- means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, however they choose.  Some words give you a deep feeling.  Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat. -John Wayne- The Alamo

Offline Duke0313

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • I am the way, the truth, and the life. -John 14:6
Re: Story of the Midnight Caller?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 04:43:21 PM »
Two months and...NOTHING??? Figured one of you know-it-alls would have some info...
"Republic:  I like the sound of the word -- means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, however they choose.  Some words give you a deep feeling.  Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat. -John Wayne- The Alamo

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Story of the Midnight Caller?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:37:50 PM »
sorry. . . . .

the only midnight caller i know
is the one that calls on the phone
after midnight and when i say hello?
they say "como se llama usted?"

the bad part is when i say sorry
wrong number and they call right
back like enrique will be there this time ???
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .