Author Topic: New Hunter In Arkansas Seeks Others for Hunting This Season.  (Read 917 times)

Offline fisherkingdaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
New Hunter In Arkansas Seeks Others for Hunting This Season.
« on: September 05, 2006, 06:54:46 PM »
Morning Folks,

I've been in Arkansas for two years now, having previously lived in Virginia, and I'm interested in Hunting. My previous experience in this realm is very limited. I was a civil war re-enactor for many years, shooting an Enfield Rifle Musket, so I'm savy on muzzle loading. I also did some WW2 re-enacting with an M1 Garand, but other than shooting blanks, I had to give up that part of the hobby when we moved out here.

I'm taking the Hunter's saftey course in late october and I'm starting to prepare my "kit" if you want to call it that for the hunting season. I'm planning on sticking with muzzle loading, as I find it's a bit more exciting and challenging than hunting with say a 30 ot 6 or .22 . Since I'm very new not only to Hunting but also to Arkansas - I was wondering if y'all could give me some pointers on clothing, accessories, rifle, and location for my first hunt. Also, should I have a profession guide go with me, or go with local friends?

Lastly, should I stay away from the WMA locations or are they my best bet for bagging a dear, turkey, boar or Bear on my first veture out?!?

I am looking for other hunters who might like to get together to go out. I'm ready to learn...

Thanks and please e-mail me at scboggssc@yahoo.com with your suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it.

Fisherkingdaddy

Offline timjberkley

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New Hunter In Arkansas Seeks Others for Hunting This Season.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »
where abouts in arkansas are you?