Poll

Opinions of the Tomcat for a Concealed Weapon?

Bobcat
1 (33.3%)
Cougar
0 (0%)
Kahr
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Beretta Tomcat  (Read 651 times)

Offline 16guns

• Trade Count: (0)
Beretta Tomcat
« on: November 25, 2006, 05:28:57 PM »
Does anyone have pro's and or cons for the Beretta Tomcat?
FMR USN GM1(SW)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Beretta Tomcat
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 11:05:44 PM »
never shot one but ive got a 950 berreta and have allways said that it was one of the best bangs for the bucks ive ever bought. Its suprising accurate and has never missed even one beat in over 2000 rounds. It shoots hardball and hps equally reliably and accurately. Alot of guys badmount the .25acp for carry but loaded up with 8 rounds of gold dots i sure wouldnt want to be on the recieving end of it.
blue lives matter

Offline olywa

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 09:18:39 AM »
I've had a hankerin' for a Tomcat for some time. However I'd like to find an older one that was made in Italy. If the fit and finish on the older ones are anything like my old Beretta 70S then I will be well pleased. I don't have any personal experience with the Berettas made here in the USA but I have heard that they don't compare well to the ones made in Italy. I'd like to be wrong about that though.
Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.
   -Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 12:46:23 AM »
olywa:  actually, all of my Berettas have been made here and all fit, feel and function just fine.  My 70s is the very last Garcia Beretta made in the US; my 21A was made here and has never malfunctioned;  a 950 I used to play with is the same.  Never had a problem with any of them.  Par'n - except grip screws which need a little locktite or some fingernail polish to stay snug, but thats only after a couple of boxes of ammo per session. 

Got a very good deal on a 70s upper as a spare parts set-up for mine and it is one of those that was made after Garcia Berreta shut down, so I don't know where it was made or by whom, but the parts went right together and she shoots just fine. 

16guns:  I have played with a few Tomcats and the only 'con' I can think of is that they are chambered in 32acp.  However, that being said I will openly admit to using Beretta pistols in both 22lr and 25acp and not thinkin' a thing 'bout it.  One aspect of those pistols you need to remember is that the sights are soooo very basic that many folk either shoot high or low.  They shoot high becuase they want/need to see the front sight blade or low because they don't square it in that tiny little rear sight notch.  With a proper sight picture they shoot to poa.  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline southern utah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.jsi-guns-hunting-firearms.com
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 07:47:21 AM »
I carried one for years concealed. Son packed one as his backup on patrol for a while. They conceal real nice as their size is real small. I felt a little undergunned .Daughter has it now. Easyiest semi to load abd unload with the tip up barrel. Hey the 32 works great in the movies and in books........................not sure in the real world.

Offline olywa

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 06:39:58 PM »
Mikey - That's good news on the US-made Berettas. I'll have to give them a closer look.
Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.
   -Theodore Roosevelt