Author Topic: Model 999 top break revolver???  (Read 2604 times)

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
Model 999 top break revolver???
« on: March 10, 2005, 06:54:11 PM »
I have one of these little guns in layaway and would like to know what experances  you guys have had with them?

Offline elyod56

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 03:57:22 PM »
i have owned one for quite afew years now . i also live in a ruarl area and shoot alot and my h&r is only used on occasion. i love the looks and mine has been a nice accurate  revolver. i never take it apart because looking at the way it extracts it would seem that there are a lot of little springs and other small parts. i use target style semi autos like the browning buckmark, or a rugar mklll when i going to do a lot of shooting. the h&r's are neat guns though :-)

Offline Nixter

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 05:18:10 AM »
The only thing I know about the ((( is this.

As soon as I took an interest in these revolvers, it seemed the prices went way up. :roll:  I'll be paitient and find one I can afford.

I've also noticed from pictures on the gun auction sites that there are slight variations in grip styles. I wish there was a book chronicling the changes through the years so I could make an informed decision...

I wish I could be of more help.

Hope you enjoy your new gun.

Nixter

Ps. post back with your impressions once you get yours.

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 07:10:12 PM »
I just bought a 999 from a auction site.
When I got it, it had a broken hammer strut.
After getting one from Numrich and having it installed it still doesn't work :x
And there are no gunsmiths that want to work on these guns that I  know of.
If anyone knows of a smith that knows how  to work on these I 'd be grateful to know who they are.
I hope you have better luck with yours than I had with mine.
I'll stick to S&W revolvers from now on.

--Willy

Offline buckweet

• Avid Poster
Re: Model 999 top break revolver???
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 07:09:49 PM »
i have the 926  almost exact same as the 999 ... i love it.

weet

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 02:16:18 PM »
I bought a used 999 back in 1982.Never had any trouble wiht it and have shot a bunch of squirrel and rabbits with it.It shoots well and the single action has gotten smoother with all the use it has seen.Not quite as accrate as my two ruger target mkIIs,but real nice gun overall.Mine is the six inch barrel.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 05:33:53 AM »
I got mine after my grandma died. There were alot of cats that met their maker because of this gun. Gma couldnt hit a thing with a rifle but for some reason with this pistol she could hit a runnin cat @ 25 yards. You didnt mess with grandmas chickens. I love it for that reason and more. While it is a bigger 22 revolver it is balanced well and is very accurate. I didnt think it would be because you lift the rear sight to open but it has held its own.
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline atitagain

• Trade Count: (67)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 05:40:02 PM »
Yhese are great little revolvers. I have owned a couple of them over the years.They are fun to shoot and accurate. The 999 Sportsman will serve you well for plinking and was accurate enough that I used mine for squirrle hunting a few times. Good luck with your's and have fun
I carry a single shot.
'cause it only takes one shot.