Author Topic: Handi strikes again  (Read 629 times)

Offline holahead

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
Handi strikes again
« on: December 10, 2006, 04:52:45 PM »
Well my handi 30-30 gets something today in the hands of my wife. She has never hunted before we got married so I have been letting her tag alone every once in a while and she has been close to getting her a deer twice but was not able to close the deal on either one. I took her today and from I was sitting in the shooting house I could not see the left hand side of the grass patch but she could she the whole field well about 4: 00 pm she says there is a hog I said a what a hog now I have never seen a hog and this place in the three years that I have hunted there so I ease over and  look and sure enough there is a hog then I look back there is six more. So I get the handi up for her and tell her to take her pick and BOOM she has her first hog and also her first game.Boy was she excited . The shot was about 65yards and it was a little hog about 50 pounds but she was very happy with it so was I for her taking it. And the best thing was she wanted to give it to her uncle who has not taken any thing this season so he could have some meat and he was proud to have it and I am proud of her .

Offline cheatermk3

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Handi strikes again
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 05:08:26 PM »
That ought to be some fine table fare--congrats to her and to you too, for showing her the ropes.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 05:09:53 PM »
Congrats to the lil lady....Encourage that behavior, man; she is showing true sportsmanship.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 05:11:09 PM »
Congrats to both of you, way to go!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline SourMash

• Trade Count: (1)
    • BTO
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 05:12:59 PM »
Thats really cool, a hog with a Handi!
Tell her congrats! Did ya take any photo's?

Offline jbtazgrabber

• Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 04:49:15 PM »
i love it :D :D my wife  and i been togeter 4 years now...she has...killed 2 deer  first year ...one last year....5 so far this year.3 with a bow 2with a muzzy and a8 point were putting on the wall with a gun......i love hearin storys like this......congrats to both.............ps just dont ask me how ive done this year.......2 with a muzzy on opening day   :o :ocongrats again any i hope her many more in her  furture....jb

Offline carp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 12:26:17 AM »
Congratulations!