Author Topic: Baby Browning 99.9% with Small Browning Rug  (Read 364 times)

Offline JHT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Baby Browning 99.9% with Small Browning Rug
« on: December 23, 2006, 12:07:30 AM »
I recently acquired a Baby Browning approx. 99.9% condition, in a small Browning Rug, but no papers.  Are these secretive .25 ACPs truly becoming a sought after item?  Whether they are or are not becoming collectable what types of prices have you guys been seeing as of late?

Regards and Happy Holidays,

Jay
"Things will get done little by small."  ---  Joseph J. Venturo Sr.  ---  Joseph was my father-in-law, while he was not a formally educated man he certainly and without doubt was a very smart man, and a man who loved his children.

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
Re: Baby Browning 99.9% with Small Browning Rug
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 03:38:17 AM »
Hi J,

I have one as well.  Mine has never been fired (still in factory grease and cellophane)and is in the rug and has the booklet.  Mine was made in the early 1960's and I paid $365 for it about 7 or 8 years ago.  I expect it is worth about $450 or more in its present condition.  It would be a collector only gun as it is essentially in new condition.

What did you pay for it???
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline JHT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 03:58:35 AM »
Doug,

If I recall correctly I purchased the Browning about 4 years ago.  While your specimen is substantially more prestine by evidence of the factory grease and cellophane, I believe that my example has not been fired either.  I  paid approximately $225. and was glad to get it.  It has joined the ranks of my other "safe queens."

Regards and best to you and your family this holiday season.

Jay
"Things will get done little by small."  ---  Joseph J. Venturo Sr.  ---  Joseph was my father-in-law, while he was not a formally educated man he certainly and without doubt was a very smart man, and a man who loved his children.

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 10:04:23 AM »
Hi J,

"Safe Queens"!!!   Boy....I have alot of those!  You got a great price.  I'd hang on to it that's for sure.  Hey....let's start a new thread and see what folks have hang'n around in their gun safes that will probably NEVER get fired!!!
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!