Author Topic: Quiet on the Front!!  (Read 683 times)

Offline TheOpticZone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Quiet on the Front!!
« on: April 26, 2003, 07:16:42 AM »
Everyone must be out enjoying the weather or out fishing.  :grin:
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Quiet on the Front!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 11:46:31 AM »
It's been this way on the entire site since the other day when the terrorist attack took place on my site. Dunno if that had anything to do with it but for sure it's been slow ever since.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jhm

Quiet on the Front!!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 12:37:03 PM »
GB and Jon:  I think its that spring has sprung on all the households and a little get out and do something has a hold on everyone, I spent last sat. a couple hrs. up at the lake checking out the pontoon boat for the summer, will be spending several evening there pretty soon. :D   JIM

Offline Zachary

Quiet on the Front!!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 01:07:41 PM »
I'm glad that guy is gone. :evil:   When I first logged on, he started with his "posting."  I tried to stop him by making short quick posts, so as no one could see his last post.  Well, he caught on and he and I were posting at a rate of about 1 post per 1 minute.  In fact, I was posting so fast just to keep up with him that the software program told me that I couldn't post within a certain amount of time within the last post.  Finally, after my fingers got numb (and I had to go to court) I had to quit.

I went to the gun range today and I will post a topic on the Simmons Atec (I think that's how you spell it.)  Unfortunately, I have to go right now so I'll post it later.

Zachary

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
Quiet on the Front!!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 03:33:50 PM »
I must have missed that "terrorist guy", but I am getting the itch to get the bass boat out.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

Offline chk

• Avid Poster
Quiet on the Front!!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 03:55:00 PM »
Guys,I read the email address' he posted and mine wasn't listed. I don't know if that's because I use a firewall and other safeguards or not. I'm not real computer savy but try to cover mine. Something to ponder by the computer gurus and get the word out. His post was distrurbing to say the least. Dave

I'm glad the edit was still open. I got an alert on my firewall just after signing off.  IP address 66.168.223.80 FYI. I don't know it the incidents are related. Dave

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
Quiet on the Front!!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2003, 04:15:53 PM »
Now my curiousity is running wild!!  What did I miss?
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

Offline willis5

• Contributor
Quiet on the Front!!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2003, 05:39:15 PM »
well I know I have still been getting online a few times a day still, adn this is the site I go to everytime ha ha! he didn't slow me down.

TheOpticZone,
It was some guy that was making some rapidfire posts with some leud and obscene comments, pics, etc. It seems like it was a pain in the you know what for Graybeard to fix because there were so many posts. but they had it undercontrol in a day. You didn't miss anything worth reading. It was uncalled for if anything.
Cheers,
willis5
Cheers,
Willis5

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Quiet on the Front!!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2003, 05:02:42 AM »
I guess I missed it too.  I am on everyday, but must have had bad timing.  No matter where you go eventually you run into a jerk who thinks that just because he/she can they have some right to do something.I am not an evolutionist, but people like this would be good proof that they came from some socially challenged ape.
Life is short......eternity is long.