Author Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Any new Christmas guns out there?  (Read 437 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Any new Christmas guns out there?
« on: December 25, 2006, 05:08:47 AM »
Just taking a second away from the wild 6 year old to say Merry Christmas to the whole GBO Family. I hope to  get out a little later today and shoot my new spingfeild 1911 Mil-Spec. I hope Santa treated you and your kids well.  A quick prayer and a word of thanks to our Troops needs to go out from everyone today. Christmas away from family was definitly not one of the fun parts of my time in the Army. Post some pics of your new guns when you get around to it.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline 10ga.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Any new Christmas guns out there?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 05:15:14 AM »
Thanks Markus,
Merry Christmas!!
Paul Corbett
NEF 10ga SB2-MAB 
Handi-Rifle 30-06 Synthetic
H&R 12ga SB2-980 Ultra Slug
S&W .357 Model 586
"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

Offline lotus

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 05:58:21 AM »
I was going to make a thread, but here you go.  This has been a good CHRISTmas so far, not only because I got to see the family, but also I was able to get someone else involved with shooting.  My brother has been anti-gun for a long time, but I thought I would try anyways.  I got him a nice used Winchester 120 12ga.  He was so happy with it, I decided to give him an old Marlin model 60 also.  The best thing besides a new convert, is the first thing he asked was if I could come to the range with him and go through all the functionality and firearm safety with him. 

My fathers birthday was about 3 weeks ago.  Last summer, I found a used yet brand new pardner in the shop.  It still had the hang tag on it and I dont think it was ever fired, besides the test shot at the factory.  He wanted something for block shoots, so I sent it back to H&R and got the 28" vent rib barrel and a recoil pad.  I sold the barrel that was originally on it and the whole thing only cost me about $130.  I got him a new turkey choke and some ammo for CHRISTmas.

The one on the right isnt new or an CHRISTmas gift, but I just put it together.  Its an old topper from 1971 and is my first build out of spare parts.  Im not mechanical in the least and this scared me, but due to instructions here, I was able to fit the barrel and have another 12ga.  I think that I have a total of $35 into it, but am proud of actually fitting and putting it together myself.

Now if I can just myself a new rifle...

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 07:14:07 AM »
That's great Lotus.  Shooting is adictive that's for sure.  I have had the pleasure of making a few converts myself over the years   I always start them out with the basic firearm safety rules and show them how to properly handle and operate whatever firearms we are using.  Then I start them off with some close range, easy targets, (reactionary targets such as spinners, gongs, balloons, etc. are the best) and watch the smiles spread across their faces.  I've even had converted anties ask me to accompany them to help pick out their first gun!  But nothing is as rewarding as seeing that first ear to ear smile when they score their first few hits.       
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 08:03:15 AM »

Merry Christmas to one and all!! I didn't get a new gun, but got a chronograph that I wanted for thirty years!
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 01:20:38 PM »
No new guns, but I got a start on my Tamer 20ga.  I got a $25 Gift card for Gander Mtn.  By the time I get the price of a Tamer, they should be available to order. LOL  If not, I DO have alternative choices. LOL

cookieman
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"