Author Topic: All loaded up and nowhere to go!  (Read 399 times)

Offline Ranger J

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
All loaded up and nowhere to go!
« on: January 11, 2007, 10:41:16 AM »
I just got my new Marlin 1894 .44 mag the other day and have so far only been able to put a scope on it and put only about 25 MagTech 240 factory loads through it to get it more or less sighted in at 50 yards.  It was encouraging that three shot ‘bursts’ seemed to be grouping well.  I was a little afraid after my experiences with the Handi barrel.  It didn’t help that when I was looking at the Beartooth site evidently some 1894  .44 mag owners were having accuracy problems with their rifles that were reminiscent of those I had with the Handi.  The only difference I found was that even those who said they got acceptable groups with their Handi barrels seem to damn it with faint praise.  On the other site the majority of the 1894 owners came to its defense in a rather heated manner.

Anyhow my problem now is that I have 10 different loads of 5 rounds each just waiting to be shot and evaluated and the weather has gone down the toilet!  Cold rain and freezing rain for the next few days and not much improvement temperature wise in the near future.  I am all loaded up and nowhere to go.  I am looking forward to finding if this rifle will be able to accurately shoot all those different size bullets I accumulated while messing around with the Handi barrel.  ;)