Author Topic: cabin to rent  (Read 808 times)

Offline dachswalker

• Trade Count: (0)
cabin to rent
« on: April 17, 2011, 06:14:16 AM »
Looking for a cabin on a lake with canoe to rent for a week next fall. Really don't want a state park just a nice quiet place with fire roads or logging trails for hiking and a canoe for early morning photography of the mist coming off the lake. A wood burner would be really nice after enjoying the sunset from a deck of dock.
Looking for Fall foliage in either Michigan, Vermont or Maine. Michigan I would drive to the other areas I would fly into.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: cabin to rent
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 02:24:51 PM »
dachswalker:  if you are thinking of places between Michigan and Vermont you can always add upstate New York to the list.  Upstate has a lot of wilderness and is absolutely beautiful at the peak of fall foliage time, and even later.  The lakes in the Adirondacks have just what you want:  peace and quiet, morning fogs lifting off glass smooth water, the magical cry of the Loon, cabins to rent, woodburning stoves and the smell of outdoor campfire cooking. 

I would ask bubba on the New York forum; he is located near the north western border of the state where I know there are many beautiful locations you describe, and I hope he can point you in the right direction.  Good luck and let us know where you decide to go..

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: cabin to rent
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 12:47:24 PM »
I would think an Internet search would bring up places and price.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.