Author Topic: Turn around time for repairs...  (Read 268 times)

Offline tuxdad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Turn around time for repairs...
« on: January 02, 2007, 03:44:38 PM »
I can't seem to win today >:(... Took my hornet out to try out some new loads and make sure my scope was still on after tightening up some loose screws...

Wouldn't you know !! On the first shot nothing happened, just a click...
Tried another shell and the same thing, not even a dent!!! >:(

Took the gun home to look it over and found I had a broken firing pin... :'(

The gun's out of warranty, so how long would it take to get it repaired, or would it be better to take it to a local gunsmith to have it fixed??

Tux :'(

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Turn around time for repairs...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 04:09:44 PM »
They're gonna be backed up from the holiday shutdown, but normally they can get it back to ya in a month or less, sometimes as little as 2 weeks depending on how far ya are from em. They can also send you the parts for you to replace yourself, if you go that route, do a trigger job while you're at it, or just have them do it if you send it in. Trigger R&R info is in the FAQs. I'd make sure it's the firing pin and not the transfer bar(lifter & striker) which has a habit of breaking when ya least expect it, I keep a spare, just in case.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline tuxdad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Turn around time for repairs...
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 04:24:41 PM »
Well I checked it compared to my 308, and there's no pin when I push down on the pin itself, and there was no sign of it compared to the 308, which stuck out and easily visible...

I doubt I'd try and do it myself.. If they offer to send me the pin I'll check into having a local gunsmith taking care of it...

Tux